"WOODSIDE" Woodside by balhannah
Woodside Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 12 photos
Woodside is located in the pretty Onkaparinga valley, between Balhannah and Lobethal, 37 kms from Adelaide.
The Johnston family of Oakbank founded Woodside in the 1850s, primarily to improve their brewery business.
It is home to the Woodside Barracks (16th Air Defence Regiment), which is located in nearby Inverbrackie.
Local businesses include Woodside Cheese Wrights, Melbas Chocolate Factory, a Lobethal Bakery and is five minutes from the boutique winery Bird in Hand.
The first business was the Woodside Inn, now the Woodside Hotel.
- In a nutshell:Nice country town in a lovely scenic area of the Adelaide Hills
Wow! We are inside the huge retail shop of Melbas. I guess I first noticed was the funny farm orientated names on the... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Woodside Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Woodside
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (241)
Have you been to Woodside?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Woodside
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue