"A GREAT LITTLE TOWN" Top 5 Page for this destination Selcuk by balhannah

Selcuk Travel Guide: 323 reviews and 862 photos

SELCUK

This for me, was a nice sized town, with plenty to see & do, and it was easy to get around. I also found that it had a huge amount of reasonably priced outdoor Restaurants with excellent food.

I started off on the right foot, by being very happy with my Hotel. The Owner could not have been more helpful and friendly, and really made me feel at home. This was so nice as I was travelling alone.

I guess the main drawcard here, is Ephesus. Lucky the tourist season wasn't in full swing, I imagine it would get quite busy.

Also here, is an excellent Archelogical museum, as well as St. John Bascilica.
Theres a Roman Aqueduct & interesting buildings to see on your roam around town.

Storks?

Yes, lots of these nesting everywhere, and Markets, wow!.... a great one on Saturday with a great array of anything you could ever want.

I loved this town, and was very sorry to have to continue my journey onwards.

• Pros:Nice size town
  • Cons:Nil
  • In a nutshell:Plenty of good places for an excellent meal.
  • Last visit to Selcuk: May 2009
  • Intro Updated Sep 21, 2013

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Great page! Excellent tips, and hotel and transportation information were really helpful. Love the storks!! Not sure I'll get to see Selcuk itself, but we should be in Kusadasi/Ephesus again next May.

• albaaust's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2010 at 5:51 AM

Thanks for visiting my Guilin page Dee. I have been to Selcuk..have not put pages up yet but yours are great..you obviously saw more than us :)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2010 at 7:32 AM

I was most interested in your Selcuk page because I had been there when I visited Ephesus. You've done a marvelous job. What a great hotel. The restaurant also sounds wonderful. Terrific photos and well written tips.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Enjoyed your page Dee. Some good info and we will certainly look up your restaurant as we will have been away 50 days by then. Did you obtain your Turkey visa in Australia, and if so where?

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Thank you Dee for bringing back sweet memories about Selcuk! We were there early in the morning and the museum was still unfortunately closed...

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Great page on Selcuk with excellent photos. May is the perfect month to visit Turkey Isn't it ?

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Great tips D! (Left you some ratings.) I just LOVED this town - there is so much more to do than just Ephesus! And loved those clacking storks too!

• diana_renou's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Hi, whick was your hotel in Pamukale? thanks!!

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Selcuk