"TWICE TO BELGIUM!" Belgium by balhannah
Belgium Travel Guide: 21,894 reviews and 55,384 photos
My first visit to Belgium, was on a 13 hour one day tour from Amsterdam to see the beautiful towns of Ghent & Brugges.
I noticed as soon as we left The Netherland's, the change between Belgium and the Netherland's.
The Netherland's had many farm's, and this part of Belgium had industry.
The tour was a very long day, but one I really enjoyed, and made me want to return to Belgium!
This time, my husband and I drove through part of Belgium after visiting Trier in Germany.
Having a car made it easy to get around.
From Trier, we made our first stop at the very nice Village of Rochefort.
As it was near the end of the day, this was our resting place for the night!
We depart Rochefort and travel just a short distance to the pretty little Village of Celles.
Still not far to go, and we reach Dinant a Town I wanted to see after reading about it on VT.
Well, it didn't disappoint.
After spending some time here, it was time to move onto nearby
This town was in pretty location and had some interesting sight's to see.
Back into the Car, and onto Mons another Town with a huge Church and good Treasury, and a lovely Town Square.
It was time to leave and find accommodation for the night.
On our way once again, and this time we are stopping at Belgium's oldest City Tournai
After having a good time here, we moved onto
Ieper, a City full of sad history.
From here, we drove into France and onto Calais to catch the Ferry to England.
Belgium is a beautiful country, one I wouldn't mind returning to once again!
I saw Belgium Blue Cattle grazing in the fields, lovely!
I tried Belgium chocolate, mmmm delicious!
I saw Belgium Lace, beautiful!
I also saw many beautiful, medieval cities, wow!
I love what I have seen of Belgium!
- In a nutshell:I love Belgium, put it on your agenda!
balhannah's Related Pages
Belgium Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Belgium by cows". Translation: Norali"
- "Belgium is like >. big!"
- "Belgium - So small but so different in landscapes"
- "My Homeland"
- "Paul's Journey Through Belgium"
- "The real cows"
- "Belgium places to visit and beers to drink"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belgium
- Hotels in Belgium
- Transportation in Belgium
- Nightlife in Belgium
- Restaurants in Belgium
- Shopping in Belgium
- Warnings and Dangers in Belgium
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belgium
- 69 Reviews
- 183 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (191)
Have you been to Belgium?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belgium
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 225 reviews, 615 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 150 reviews, 276 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 91 reviews, 280 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 85 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 76 reviews, 206 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 60 reviews, 196 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (229)
Top Belgium hotels
- Brussels Hotels
- 5565 Reviews - 11828 Photos
- Brugge Hotels
- 2680 Reviews - 7153 Photos
- Antwerp Hotels
- 2853 Reviews - 7112 Photos
- Oostende Hotels
- 511 Reviews - 1641 Photos
- Charleroi Hotels
- 96 Reviews - 133 Photos
- Gent Hotels
- 1406 Reviews - 3613 Photos
- Leuven Hotels
- 482 Reviews - 1062 Photos
- Ieper Hotels
- 464 Reviews - 1301 Photos
- De Panne Hotels
- 84 Reviews - 116 Photos
- Boom Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 30 Photos
- Mons Hotels
- 212 Reviews - 416 Photos
- Bastogne Hotels
- 73 Reviews - 183 Photos
- Namur Hotels
- 189 Reviews - 490 Photos
- Roeselare Hotels
- 106 Reviews - 147 Photos
- Kortrijk Hotels
- 101 Reviews - 692 Photos