"TWICE TO BELGIUM!" Belgium by balhannah
Belgium Travel Guide: 23,028 reviews and 58,431 photos
My first visit to Belgium, was on a 13 hour one day tour from Amsterdam to see the beautiful towns of Ghent & Brugges.
I noticed as soon as we left The Netherland's, the change between Belgium and the Netherland's.
The Netherland's had many farm's, and this part of Belgium had industry.
The tour was a very long day, but one I really enjoyed, and made me want to return to Belgium!
2nd TRIP TO BELGIUM
This time, my husband and I drove through part of Belgium after visiting Trier in Germany.
Having a car made it easy to get around.
From Trier, we made our first stop at the very nice Village of Rochefort.
As it was near the end of the day, this was our resting place for the night!
We depart Rochefort and travel just a short distance to the pretty little Village of Celles.
Still not far to go, and we reach Dinant a Town I wanted to see after reading about it on VT. Well, it didn't disappoint. After spending some time here, it was time to move onto nearby Namur
This town was in pretty location and had some interesting sight's to see.
Back into the Car, and onto %[http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/fa47c/55bcb/]Mons%L* another Town with a huge Church and good Treasury, and a lovely Town Square.
It was time to leave and find accommodation for the night.
On our way once again, and this time we are stopping at Belgium's oldest City Tournai
After having a good time here, we moved onto Ieper, a City full of sad history.
From here, we drove into France and onto Calais to catch the Ferry to England.
Belgium is a beautiful country, one I wouldn't mind returning to once again!
I saw Belgium Blue Cattle grazing in the fields, lovely!
I tried Belgium chocolate, mmmm delicious!
I saw Belgium Lace, beautiful!
I also saw many beautiful, medieval cities, wow!
I love what I have seen of Belgium!
- In a nutshell:I love Belgium, put it on your agenda!
balhannah's Related Pages
Belgium Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Belgium by cows". Translation: Norali"
- "Belgium is like >. big!"
- "Belgium - So small but so different in landscapes"
- "My Homeland"
- "Paul's Journey Through Belgium"
- "The real cows"
- "Belgium places to visit and beers to drink"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belgium
- Hotels in Belgium
- Transportation in Belgium
- Nightlife in Belgium
- Restaurants in Belgium
- Shopping in Belgium
- Warnings and Dangers in Belgium
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belgium
- 69 Reviews
- 183 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (547)
Have you been to Belgium?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belgium
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 742 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 170 reviews, 326 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues