"BRUNEI" Top 5 Page for this destination Bandar Seri Begawan by balhannah
Bandar Seri Begawan Travel Guide: 316 reviews and 1,048 photos
Located 443kms north of the Equator...................IS......
BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN...THE CAPITAL OF BRUNEI!
This is not a cheap place to visit, and probably, one full day here is enough
to see the main sights. We hired a car and found by doing this we saw
heaps in one day. Driving around here was very easy.
Being a rich country, there are lots of impresssive buildings and large
homes to see, as well as the Kamong Ayer water village, it seems to go
from one extreme to the other!
The Mosques are beautiful, museums were good, and the shopping area
was small enough to walk around.
We found the Brunei people to be one of the friendliest that we had met
Half of Brunei is rainforest, and it has a high rainfall and high humidity.
Flora and fauna flourish in the conditions, from the parasitic pitcher plant
to the Hornbill and the Proboscis Monkeys, new species are still being
Roughly two-thirds of the population is Malay, the rest are Chinese or
members of indigenous tribe, with Malay being mainly spoken, and English
is widely spoken and understood also.
Brunei is a Malay Muslim Monarchy which is ruled by His Majesty the
Sultan, the 29th ascendant of the world's oldest continuously reigning
royal line, (600years)
Brunei is accessible by Air and road, with a
drive from Kuching, the capital city of Sarawak, taking approximately 13
hours while a drive from Kota Kinabalu, the capital of Sabah, takes
approximately 6 hours.
We enjoyed our stay here, and have great memories of Bandar Seri Begawan.
- Pros:Easy to get around
- Cons:Bit expensive!
- In a nutshell:Friendly people, excellent museums, beautiful Mosques!
There is a new Serasa Passenger Ferry Terminal that began operations on October 17th, 2009. The terminal has plenty of... more travel advice
One of the most impressive things in Brunei is the Omar Saifuddin Mosque. At night it is stunning with green lights... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Bandar Seri Begawan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bandar Seri Begawan - Capital of Brunei Sultanate"
- "Brunei's capital"
- "BSB - Don't expect the Middle East"
- "Bandar Seri Begawan - Capital of an Oil Sultanate"
- "Bandar Seri Begawan"
- "Poor Country Inhabited by Rich People"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bandar Seri Begawan
- Hotels in Bandar Seri Begawan
- Transportation in Bandar Seri Begawan
- Nightlife in Bandar Seri Begawan
- Restaurants in Bandar Seri Begawan
- Shopping in Bandar Seri Begawan
- Warnings and Dangers in Bandar Seri Begawan
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bandar Seri Begawan
- 19 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (220)
Have you been to Bandar Seri Begawan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bandar Seri Begawan
Photos in Bandar Seri BegawanSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 83 reviews, 268 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (256)
Latest Bandar Seri Begawan hotel reviews
- Empire Hotel And Country Club
- 441 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Pusat Belia Youth Hostel
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 10, 2013
- Brunei Hotel
- 157 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Mangrove Paradise Resort
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 29, 2013
- Abdul Razak Apartments
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 28, 2012
- Traders Inn Bandar Seri Begawan
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2013
- Terrace Hotel
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Rizqun International Hotel
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Jubilee Hotel
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Riverview Hotel
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 23, 2013
- Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam
- 248 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013