"BRUNEI" Top 5 Page for this destination Bandar Seri Begawan by balhannah
Bandar Seri Begawan Travel Guide: 334 reviews and 1,162 photos
BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN & SURROUND
is located 443kms north of the Equator.
BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN...THE CAPITAL OF BRUNEI
This is not a cheap place to visit, and probably one full day here is enough to see the main sights. We hired a car and found by doing this we saw heaps in one day. Driving around here was very easy.
Being a rich country, there are lots of impresssive buildings and large
homes to see, as well as the Kamong Ayer water village, it seems to go from one extreme to the other!
The Mosques are beautiful, museums were good, and the shopping area was small enough to walk around.
We found the Brunei people to be one of the friendliest that we had met
Half of Brunei is rainforest, and it has a high rainfall and high humidity.
Flora and fauna flourish in the conditions, from the parasitic pitcher plant to the Hornbill and the Proboscis Monkeys, new species are still being discovered here!
Roughly two-thirds of the population is Malay, the rest are Chinese or members of indigenous tribe, with Malay being mainly spoken, and English is widely spoken and understood also.
Brunei is a Malay Muslim Monarchy which is ruled by His Majesty the Sultan, the 29th ascendant of the world's oldest continuously reigning royal line - (600years)
Brunei is accessible by Air and road, with a drive from Kuching, the capital city of Sarawak, taking approximately 13 hours, while a drive from Kota Kinabalu, the capital of Sabah, takes approximately 6 hours.
We enjoyed our stay here, and have great memories of Bandar Seri Begawan.
- Pros:Easy to get around
- Cons:Bit expensive!
- In a nutshell:Friendly people, excellent museums, beautiful Mosques!
There is a new Serasa Passenger Ferry Terminal that began operations on October 17th, 2009. The terminal has plenty of... more travel advice
One of the most impressive things in Brunei is the Omar Saifuddin Mosque. At night it is stunning with green lights... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Bandar Seri Begawan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bandar Seri Begawan - Capital of Brunei Sultanate"
- "Brunei's capital"
- "BSB - Don't expect the Middle East"
- "OIL RICH SULTANATE"
- "Bandar Seri Begawan - Capital of an Oil Sultanate"
- "Bandar Seri Begawan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bandar Seri Begawan
- Hotels in Bandar Seri Begawan
- Transportation in Bandar Seri Begawan
- Nightlife in Bandar Seri Begawan
- Restaurants in Bandar Seri Begawan
- Shopping in Bandar Seri Begawan
- Warnings and Dangers in Bandar Seri Begawan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bandar Seri Begawan
- 19 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (483)
Have you been to Bandar Seri Begawan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bandar Seri Begawan
Photos in Bandar Seri BegawanSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 742 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 166 reviews, 320 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues