"Hoi An 22/3/08 to 25/3/08" Top 5 Page for this destination Hoi An by balhannah
Hoi An Travel Guide: 822 reviews and 1,769 photos
To reach Hoi An from Hue, I caught the open tour bus.
On the way there was some beautiful scenery to see, especially from the Hai Van pass. I had views of the sea, Danang, mountains and valleys, and we passed through the longest tunnel in Vietnam, 12kms long.
Hoi An is easy to walk around and this is by far the best way to see it.
There are many Tailors here, of course Hoi An is famous for them, with most people having something made during their stay here.
People here really pester for you to buy..
MY SON - HOLY LAND
I did a bus//boat tour to My son.
The scenery is beautiful on the way to and from My Son.
I enjoyed My Son which is a very old and interesting historic site
Our tour came back so far by bus, then we boarded a boat for a meal of rice, banana and bottle of water(included) for Lunch.
Our next stop was the wood carving village, then past a fisherman who was throwing out his fishing net, (obviously paid to do this) then back to the dock and left to find our own way back to our hotels.
This was a good tour
Another tour I did was to Cham island.
This tour gave us a look around the major town on the Island, then we could go snorkeling before having lunch on a lovely secluded cove with only our small tour group there. After some R&R and back to Hoi an.
An excellent days outing!
- Pros:Lovely old structures, easy to walk around
- Cons:Annoying sellers, can't have any peace
- In a nutshell:A nice place for a few days
Located in the area next to Can nam Bridge, is where you will see the local tradesmen working hard, making water cans,... more travel advice
Around Hoi An, I saw basket boats, but when I went to the fishing village on CHAM ISLAND, there were lots, and it was... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Hoi An Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On the Embodiment of Vietnam: Hoi An"
- "Hoi An 22/3/08 to 25/3/08"
- "A charming piece of History"
- "UNESCO HERITAGE Site..a Vietnamese HIGHLIGHT..."
- "The old town of Hoi An"
- "A living museum - Hoi An, Central Vietnam"
- "Vietnam's Living Museum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hoi An
- Hotels in Hoi An
- Transportation in Hoi An
- Nightlife in Hoi An
- Restaurants in Hoi An
- Shopping in Hoi An
- Warnings and Dangers in Hoi An
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hoi An
- 37 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (637)
Have you been to Hoi An?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hoi An
Photos in Hoi AnSee All Photos (67)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 271 reviews, 792 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 265 reviews, 617 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 173 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues