"Hoi An 22/3/08 to 25/3/08" Top 5 Page for this destination Hoi An by balhannah

Hoi An Travel Guide: 808 reviews and 1,731 photos

Hoi An

HOI AN

To reach Hoi An from Hue, I caught the open tour bus.

On the way there was some beautiful scenery to see, especially from the Hai Van pass. I had views of the sea, Danang, mountains and valleys, and we passed through the longest tunnel in Vietnam, 12kms long.

Hoi An is easy to walk around and this is by far the best way to see it.
There are many Tailors here, of course Hoi An is famous for them, with most people having something made during their stay here.

People here really pester for you to buy..

MY SON - HOLY LAND

I did a bus//boat tour to My son.

The scenery is beautiful on the way to and from My Son.

I enjoyed My Son which is a very old and interesting historic site

Our tour came back so far by bus, then we boarded a boat for a meal of rice, banana and bottle of water(included) for Lunch.

Our next stop was the wood carving village, then past a fisherman who was throwing out his fishing net, (obviously paid to do this) then back to the dock and left to find our own way back to our hotels.

This was a good tour

CHAM ISLAND

Another tour I did was to Cham island.

This tour gave us a look around the major town on the Island, then we could go snorkeling before having lunch on a lovely secluded cove with only our small tour group there. After some R&R and back to Hoi an.

An excellent days outing!

• Pros:Lovely old structures, easy to walk around
  • Cons:Annoying sellers, can't have any peace
  • In a nutshell:A nice place for a few days
  • Last visit to Hoi An: Mar 2008
  • Intro Updated Jul 19, 2013

• davidjo's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2013 at 6:47 PM

One of the highlights of Vietnam but back then foreigners could only stay at the huge Hoi an Hotel!!!

• socrates_07's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2011 at 10:36 PM

My next trip will be to Vietnam, so, to read your pages are really very interesting for me. Thanks!

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2010 at 12:20 PM

I wish I had visited Cham Island while staying in Hoi An - from what I can read here it is really worth it. Thanks for visiting my Berlin page.

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Love the covered Japanese bridge. How about the old fraud with the dead fish in his net! Fascinating place.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2010 at 2:30 AM

I only had a very brief visit to Hoi An in 1995, but I see from your tips that there is lots more I didn't see and do there. (I've recently posted my first Vietnam page under the name of Bien Hoa, because Tan Ba isn't in the VT database.)

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Great page Dee!

• onedaysomewhere's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2010 at 3:40 AM

Excellent page on Hoi An.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Excellent page Dee! I very lovely place! Very nice photo's too!

• risse73's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Hi Dee, loved your Hoi An page, tips and pictures! I've also heard about the famous tailor shops in Hoi An from a former colleague. Would love to visit this place & Vietnam in the future. BTW, thanks for visiting my Cusco page. -Marissa-

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2009 at 5:19 AM

Morning De...another informative page you've got here...Hoi An is on my list of MUST see places..Im pretty sure Ill give the hotel you stayed at a PASS!! Thanks@!

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Hoi An