"HUE & SURROUNDS ARE INTERESTING!" Top 5 Page for this destination Hue by balhannah
Hue Travel Guide: 621 reviews and 1,726 photos
Hue is located on the edge of the Perfume river, along which is a nice riverside walk. On the downside, there are quite a few beggars here
I arrived on an early morning flight from Hanoi. Once at the Airport, I took the Airporter bus to my Hotel which was located in a side lane.
After settling in, I went walking, then hired a cyclo to take me past the main sights. My driver could speak English, was informative and stopped at many sights for me to take photos.
There are plenty of restaurants to choose from, have found them all ok.
CITY TOUR OF HUE
I did a full day city tour, which was excellent.
We went to the Citadel first, then a garden house, a incense and conical hat making village and Tu Duc Tomb, which was very impressive. Lunch was at a city Hotel. After lunch to Khai dinh tomb, Minh Mang Tomb and the Perfume Pagoda, THEN back to Hue by dragon boat.
A nice, relaxing way to return to Hue, also, I got to see how the locals lived on and beside the River.
I thought Hue was quite nice, easy to walk around. It has some lovely, French colonial buidings.
My favorite sites were the Citadel and the Tombs.
- Pros:Easy to get around, Excellent Tombs & Citadel
- Cons:Beggars and uscrupulous people
- In a nutshell:A nice city for a few days.
In the "west Hall" of the Hue Citadel, if you wish to dress like an Emperor, and have your photo taken, then you can do... more travel advice
I visited on the city & tombs tour. A stop at the village, and here it was interesting to see the incense and hats... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Hue Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HUE & SURROUNDS ARE INTERESTING!"
- "the capital of the Nguyễn Lords"
- "The Vietnamese Imperial City"
- "Ancient Capital"
- "IMPERIAL HUE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hue
- Hotels in Hue
- Transportation in Hue
- Nightlife in Hue
- Restaurants in Hue
- Shopping in Hue
- Warnings and Dangers in Hue
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hue
- 25 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (242)
Have you been to Hue?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hue
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue