"MEDIEVAL ST. FLOUR" Saint-Flour by balhannah
Saint-Flour Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 24 photos
Saint-Flour is situated inbetween two volcanic Mountain regioins in the Massif Central of France, in the region of Auvergne.
The scenery around here is rural and beautiful!
St Flour is perched on top of Auvergne's highest volcanic outcrops, and the views of the surrounding countryside from the high town are spectacular.
Of course I loved it, when I saw it was old and a medieval and there still was some of the ancient city wall intact.
Cobble stone street's, historic building's, a pretty setting, a good Hotel.....
I couldn't ask for more to interest me!
My unfortunate experience was a storm when we arrived, and fog in the morning when I wanted to take photo's, so not many photo's of St. Flour.
The Saint-Flour Tourist Information is found at 17 bis pl Armes 15100 Saint Flour.
Telephone: +33 (0)4 71 60 22 50
If you enjoy Tripe, then this town maybe just the place for you.
Tripoux, a stew of tripe and sheep feet tied in parcels, Aligot, mashed potato smooshed with cantal cheese and garlic often served with sausages, and the tiny green lentils from Le Puy to the east, grown on volcanic soil. Cheeses include Cantal and the famous Bleu d'Auvergne.
After reading these pages, if you wish to continue your journey through France with me, please click on the link for the next Town
- In a nutshell:Lovely medieval town and hardly a Tourist!
We were staying at this Hotel and decided we would have our Dinner here. The Hotel Panorama Restaurant was quite huge,... more travel advice
What I picked up in St. Flour and Haute Auvergne, was the change in the building material's used. Suddenly, many... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Saint-Flour Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Saint-Flour
- 4 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (191)
Have you been to Saint-Flour?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint-Flour
Photos in Saint-FlourSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 225 reviews, 615 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 150 reviews, 276 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 91 reviews, 280 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 85 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 76 reviews, 206 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 60 reviews, 196 photos, 2 travelogues