"Mai Chau 15/3/08 - 16/3/08" Mai Chau by balhannah
Mai Chau Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 94 photos
At my Hotel, I was picked up for my tour to Mai Chau in a 4wd.
It took about 3.5 hours to reach Mai Chau, with the journey passing through some lovely scenery.
We wêre so high up, that the mountains were in fog.
Coming down the other side of the mountain,there was an incredible view of Mai Chau in the valley.
We arrived at our homestay, which is a traditional White Thai home on stilts.
We were made welcome, and given a cup of green tea.
After that, a huge lunch was served.
About 2pm, we were taken for a scenic drive to the river.
Hêre we boarded a long boat, and went for a river cruise, then hopped off on a beach, and trêkked through local villages.
This was great!
Then, it was back onto the boat for the last section of the journey.
Another nice meal for dinner, then to another local house, to watch a cultural dance performance.
This was enjoyable.
I was up early for a morning walk around several villages.
On returning, breakfast was taken underneath the house, another great meal.
We all went for a walk to the local markets. Here you see the usual items, but also ducks, ducklings, pigs and dogs in cages for sale.
In the main street, cows wander around.
After the market, back to the homestay for lunch, then the trip back to Hanoi.
This tour was a great experience, and a I would do it again somewhere else!
- Pros:All good, would recommend people to do this for a great experience
- In a nutshell:Fabulous, a great way to meet the locals
I would recommend anybody to go to Mai Chau. Not many tourists come here. The scenery is fantastic, and the homestay... more travel advice
We were taken up a beautiful scenic valley to the river. Here, we boarded a long boat for our river trip. There were... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Mai Chau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mai Chau 15/3/08 - 16/3/08"
- "Mai Chau."
- "Green Field, High Mountain, and Blue Sky"
- "Mai Chau Vietnam - Filming for Buffalo Tours"
- "Lovely valley"
- "Shopping and great scenery"
- "See Mai Chau of Vietnam"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mai Chau
- Hotels in Mai Chau
- Nightlife in Mai Chau
- Shopping in Mai Chau
- Warnings and Dangers in Mai Chau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mai Chau
- 7 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (271)
Have you been to Mai Chau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mai Chau
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 740 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 166 reviews, 319 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues