"NHA TRANG - BEACHSIDE VIETNAM" Top 5 Page for this destination Nha Trang by balhannah
Nha Trang Travel Guide: 446 reviews and 1,012 photos
Nha Trang is set in quite a nice location, being bordered by mountains on one side, and with a long beach, sweeping along a bay that is dotted with Islands on the other.
Topiary and modern sculpture dot the immaculately manicured foreshore. Palm trees sway, people come and excerise on the beach front and others just go for a nice stroll.
The Nha Trang airport is small and quite a way from Nha Trang itself.
Getting to Nha Trang was scenic, as we followed the road along the rugged coastline beside the ocean.
I took the airporter bus to my Hotel which happened to be on the Esplanade with wonderful ocean views.
It was March, and it was quite warm here. People were up at 5am exercising, playing volleyball and swimming, its really busy at this time of the morning.
I couldn't believe the action I could see from my Hotel Balcony, don't they sleep in here?
I hired a motorbike taxi to show me the sights. It was a great morning, as my driver was informative, he took photos for me, and generally, made it a very pleasant tour.
We went and saw the THE BIG WHITE BUDDHA, THE CATHEDRAL, PONAGAR CHAM TOWERS, HONG CHONG, (a nice rocky outcrop), the SHIPPING FLEET, and the CABLE CAR
..... It was really good.........
On two separate occasions, I visited the islands.
The first tour was to MUN ISLAND, MOT ISLAND, TAM ISLAND AND MIEU ISLAND, here we visited the Aquarium.
The other tour was in the opposite direction, visiting THI ISLAND, you can feed Ostriches and Deer here.
Onto ORCHID STREAM ISLAND for about 3hours of relaxation and lastly LAO ISLAND (monkey island) to see the wild monkeys.
We also watched a dog and monkey show here.
It is a really nice place to relax and enjoy the beach. There are plenty of nice restaurants, quite a few on the beach front.
- Pros:Attractive place to stay and unwind
- In a nutshell:A nice place for a relaxing beach holiday
MONKEY ISLAND, and as the name suggests, its full of Monkeys. They are everywhere. Probably if you have children they... more travel advice
If you are heading to Po Nagar Cham Towers, then pull in at the Park/lookout located by the bridge going to Hon Chong... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Nha Trang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NHA TRANG - BEACHSIDE VIETNAM"
- "Sea, sand, sun... My beloved Nha Trang"
- "“Nia Tchain”"
- "Nha Trang"
- "Nha Trang - Let's go to the seaside!"
- "Nha Trang, more than beach...."
- "Nha Trang - a place to relax"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nha Trang
- Hotels in Nha Trang
- Transportation in Nha Trang
- Nightlife in Nha Trang
- Restaurants in Nha Trang
- Shopping in Nha Trang
- Warnings and Dangers in Nha Trang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nha Trang
- 28 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (242)
Have you been to Nha Trang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nha Trang
Photos in Nha TrangSee All Photos (66)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue