"NHA TRANG - BEACHSIDE VIETNAM" Top 5 Page for this destination Nha Trang by balhannah

Nha Trang Travel Guide: 446 reviews and 1,012 photos

Arrival

Nha Trang is set in quite a nice location, being bordered by mountains on one side, and with a long beach, sweeping along a bay that is dotted with Islands on the other.

Topiary and modern sculpture dot the immaculately manicured foreshore. Palm trees sway, people come and excerise on the beach front and others just go for a nice stroll.

The Nha Trang airport is small and quite a way from Nha Trang itself.

Getting to Nha Trang was scenic, as we followed the road along the rugged coastline beside the ocean.

I took the airporter bus to my Hotel which happened to be on the Esplanade with wonderful ocean views.

It was March, and it was quite warm here. People were up at 5am exercising, playing volleyball and swimming, its really busy at this time of the morning.

I couldn't believe the action I could see from my Hotel Balcony, don't they sleep in here?

City tour of Nha Trang and visit to the islands

I hired a motorbike taxi to show me the sights. It was a great morning, as my driver was informative, he took photos for me, and generally, made it a very pleasant tour.

We went and saw the THE BIG WHITE BUDDHA, THE CATHEDRAL, PONAGAR CHAM TOWERS, HONG CHONG, (a nice rocky outcrop), the SHIPPING FLEET, and the CABLE CAR
..... It was really good.........

On two separate occasions, I visited the islands.

The first tour was to MUN ISLAND, MOT ISLAND, TAM ISLAND AND MIEU ISLAND, here we visited the Aquarium.

The other tour was in the opposite direction, visiting THI ISLAND, you can feed Ostriches and Deer here.

Onto ORCHID STREAM ISLAND for about 3hours of relaxation and lastly LAO ISLAND (monkey island) to see the wild monkeys.
We also watched a dog and monkey show here.

Nha Trang

It is a really nice place to relax and enjoy the beach. There are plenty of nice restaurants, quite a few on the beach front.

• Pros:Attractive place to stay and unwind
  • In a nutshell:A nice place for a relaxing beach holiday
  • Last visit to Nha Trang: Mar 2008
  • Intro Updated Oct 13, 2009

• Veroali's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2010 at 6:46 AM

Interesting page! I would like to see the gardens on Orchid Stream Island.

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2010 at 12:10 PM

A very interesting page bringing back nice memories. Unfortunately I didn't visit the islands around, but i did try the motorbike taxi.

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Wow, You sure had fun here! Weddings, motorbike-taxis, etc..

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2010 at 11:25 PM

You're a regular bikie, Dee, I'm impressed. That is the most beautiful sunset on the main page. Nha Trang looks like one of the better spots in Vietnam.

• thegreynomad's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Plenty of information on this page. Like the sound of the Hotel just across the road from the beach, a good location.

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Another interesting page De...Great photos and good and useful tips....I like the look of the beach....its not really on my itinerary but perhaps a diversion for a day or two? Loved the photo of the men with drums at Po Nagar Cham Towers ...

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2009 at 8:47 AM

A stunning place to visit -except for a few cons (school girls, and beach chairs) We had to pay to use beach chairs on the public beaches in Phuket as well.

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Sounds like you had a good time in this interesting place. Nice Tips and Pics. (You won't believe this but I don't like chocolate so didn't buy any in Gent! Thanks for stopping by.)

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Nha Trang

Have you been to Nha Trang?

Latest Activity in Nha Trang