"THE ANCIENT CAPITAL OF THAILAND" Ayuthaya by balhannah
Ayuthaya Travel Guide: 688 reviews and 2,161 photos
Located 85ks north of Bangkok, Ayutthaya (World Heritage site) is well
worth a visit. The City was built by 33 Ayutthayan Kings over 400years,
and dates back until 1350. There are lots of ruins here to explore which
would take more than one day.
Ayutthaya rose to greatness quickly and just as quickly, collapsed.
Burmese Armies burned, looted and destroyed most of the Cities
monuments. They killed, enslaved and scattered the population.
The Royal Court resettled in what is known as Bangkok today. Even after
the Burmese were defeated, Ayutthaya was beyond repair.
The ruins are now known at the "AYUTTHAYA HISTORICAL PARK"
There is now a modern & old Ayutthaya.
- In a nutshell:Could spend more time here exploring the ruins.
If you do a day tour to Ayutthaya I would recommend a tour that goes by Bus one-way, and returns by boat. I know you can... more travel advice
Located at the entrance to Wat Phra Sri Sanphet are the Elephants. You can do a short ride, I didn't, have done one... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Ayuthaya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Ancient City Glimpse..."
- "AYUTTHAYA -Fascinating Link with the Past"
- "The Ancient City of Ayutthaya"
- "Ayutthaya - Ancient City - A world heritage"
- "Old Heritage"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ayuthaya
- Hotels in Ayuthaya
- Transportation in Ayuthaya
- Nightlife in Ayuthaya
- Restaurants in Ayuthaya
- Shopping in Ayuthaya
- Warnings and Dangers in Ayuthaya
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ayuthaya
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (191)
Have you been to Ayuthaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ayuthaya
- Posted in Travel Ketchikan Forum "Re: ketchikan with 3 kids under 6"
- Commented on one of balhannah's Ayuthaya travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "THE ANCIENT CAPITAL OF THAILAND"
- created a Ayuthaya Travel Page "THE ANCIENT CAPITAL OF THAILAND"
- Wrote a Review River King Cruise from Ayutthaya to Bangkok in Ayuthaya Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 225 reviews, 615 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 150 reviews, 276 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 85 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 76 reviews, 206 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 60 reviews, 196 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Ayuthaya hotel reviews
- Baan Lotus Guest House
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Ayutthaya Place Youth Hostel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 9, 2013
- Tony's Place
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- Krungsri River Hotel
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 6, 2013
- P.U. Inn Ubonpon
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 6, 2013
- Ayothaya Hotel
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- The Old Palace Resort
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 1, 2013
- U-Thong Inn
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 29, 2012