"AUSTRIA" Austria by balhannah

Austria Travel Guide: 19,647 reviews and 53,972 photos

LOTS OF BEAUTIFUL TOWNS AND SCENERY

On my Austrian page, I will set out where we went by Car in Austria - 2011.

If you would like to follow my journey, all you have to do, is click on the first town name, which is GRIFFEN, and then just do the same as you read my other pages in Austria.

You never know, you may wish to do a similar journey!

2013

YES, We are back in Austria again on another driving holiday.

This time we enter the country from Hungary and make MODLING our base for going into Vienna. It was a very convenient base.

VIENNA was a delightful city which deserved more time!
After Vienna, we moved onto the gorgeous Spa town of BADEN BEI WIEN which I really loved! From here, we followed the road through the Vienna Woods to our lunch stop at ST. POLTEN Next stop ENNS oldest town in Austria. We stay the night at MONDSEE.
In the morning we head towards Salzburg and stop at LOFER, ST. JOHANN IN TIROL, KUFSTEIN and INNSBRUCK where we stay a few nights. Innsbruck was a wonderful city!
Now we are driving through the pretty Inn Valley to HALL IN TIROL, SCHWAZ, WATTENS, SEEFELD IN TIROL and STAM where we stop to tour the stunning kloster. Next, is LANDECK.
This was our last stop before leaving Austria behind and heading into LIECHTNESTEIN and VADUZ

We are back in Austria as Hotel accommodation was too expensive in Liechtenstein. We stayed at DORNBIRN and later visited the well preserved town of FELDKIRCH, from here we drove into Switzerland.

• In a nutshell:Lots of beautiful scenery and towns.
  • Last visit to Austria: Jun 2013
  • Intro Updated Jan 30, 2015

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Austria

• 2,730 Photos

Have you been to Austria?

Latest Activity in Austria