"WHICH COUNTRY DO I BELONG TO!" Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg by balhannah
Strasbourg Travel Guide: 898 reviews and 2,657 photos
Photo- Notre Dame Cathedral @ Strasbourg
Strasbourg, 2,000 years ago, and it was the Romans who were here!
Originally a Roman camp, it served as a fort to protect their legions from attacks from the rear as they advanced towards the Elbe.
The streets of this small and fortified area built on a marshy island on the River Ill later became the city of Strasbourg.
Strasbourg, has belonged to France and Germany over the years.
Strasbourg became an independent city in 1262 with the fall of the Roman Empire.
1871, Germany - France's next-door neighbour invaded France in the Franco-Prussian War and declared Strasbourg as German.
1918 and WWI, Strasbourg belongs to France again.
WWII, June 1940, Germany took over again.
November 23, 1944, Strasbourg was officially liberated and returned to France.
Strasbourg holds the reputation for being one of the most beautiful cities in all of France.
I AGREE, IT'S A BEAUTIFUL CITY TO SPEND TIME IN!
Strasbourg can be explored by BOAT, by PETIT TRAIN, by PUSH BIKE and walking with an AUDIO GUIDE or without one!*
Let me show you some of the sights of Strasbourg.
We will start from when we leave our Hotel, the Comfort Hotel, which is about 15mins from the city centre by Tram.
We caught the Tram into the Homme de Fer, the main Tram station in the city, and from there we headed into the Place Kleber and on further.
So join me, my virtual friend as we explore Strasbourg.......
We have only scratched the surface of this city, so if you come to see it for yourself, allow at least a couple of days
If your following my 2013 journey through Europe, then we are leaving Strasbourg & France, and are crossing the River Rhine into GERMANY.
Our first town we stop at is BUEHL
- Pros:Beautiful old city
- In a nutshell:Allow a few days, there is lots to see!
Built in 1572 was the Maison des tanneurs, an old Tannery that was also known as "Gerwerstub." It was in 1949, when the... more travel advice
The Modern Art museum is a large glass building I came across on my walk. The Museum sits beside the River Ill, in... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Strasbourg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marchés de Noël in Strasbourg"
- "WHICH COUNTRY DO I BELONG TO!"
- "Strasbourg - At the crossroads of Europe"
- "First stop Strasbourg......"
- "European town"
- "Opera and Cycling in Strasbourg"
- "STRASBOURG - The Beautiful Capital of Alsace"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Strasbourg
- Hotels in Strasbourg
- Transportation in Strasbourg
- Nightlife in Strasbourg
- Restaurants in Strasbourg
- Shopping in Strasbourg
- Warnings and Dangers in Strasbourg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Strasbourg
- 39 Reviews
- 125 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (242)
Have you been to Strasbourg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Strasbourg
- Posted in Travel Bodrum Forum "Re: bus from bodrum town to..."
- Commented on one of Kuznetsov_Sergey's Strasbourg travel pages
- updated a Strasbourg Travel Page "WHICH COUNTRY DO I BELONG TO!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "BATORAMA"
- Wrote a Review MAISON DES TANNEURS about La Petite France in Strasbourg Things to Do
Photos in StrasbourgSee All Photos (125)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue