"VITRE - ANOTHER MEDIEVAL TOWN" Vitré by balhannah
Vitré Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 67 photos
Vitre....How could I not love it, as when on entering the town this is what greeted me.
Vitre is listed as a Historic Heritage town and still has many of the 15th & 16th century buildings intact.
During that period, it was one of the most powerful towns in Brittany.
As soon as spring arrives, entertainment & festivals begins.
After reading these pages, if you wish to continue your journey through France with me, please click on the link for the next Town.
- In a nutshell:Walk the old town, it is lovely!
This is the best way to see Vitre. The "old town" is not that huge, and it is easy to walk around. I just went... more travel advice
The Vitre Railway station, I thought was a nice looking, different building. It was built in the 1850's in Neo-Gothic... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Vitré Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VITRE - ANOTHER MEDIEVAL TOWN"
- "A Castle with an Intact "Murder Hole" & More"
- "Vitrè - Medieval Town"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vitré
- 7 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (583)
Have you been to Vitré?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vitré
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 257 reviews, 752 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 173 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues