"GOLD AND MORE GOLD - SCHLOSS LINDERHOF" Schloß Linderhof by balhannah
Schloß Linderhof Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 336 photos
Linderhof Palace is located near the Ettal Abbey [worth visiting]
Of the three Palaces built by King Ludwig II of Bavaria, it is the smallest of the
three, and the only one which he lived to see completed.
Linderhof is a smaller version copy of Versailles.
The room's are lovely so I will tell you a little about them.................
I haven't been to Versailles, but after seeing this Hall of Mirror's, I imagine a larger scale Hall of Mirror's would be something to see!
Our guide told us Ludwig II used to sleep in the daytime and stay awake in the
night, so the mirrors reflected the light of the candles a thousand times making
it like daylight!
Some of the mirrors are placed in a way so it looks like an illusion of a never ending avenue.
How would you like an Ivory Chandelier and a carpet made out of Ostrich feather's? Different for sure!
The Eastern and Western Tapestry Chambers have walls painted to imitate the real Tapestries.
The Audience Chamber was never used to hold an audience.
The Dining Room, and here was a Pink Cabinet that the King used as his Robing room. This room is famous because of the disappearing "dumb waiter."
The [dumb waiter] table was installed so the King could dine alone.
The poor staff had to lay the table for at least four persons because it is said
that the King used to talk to imaginary people like Louis XV, Madame de pompadour or Marie Antoinette while he was eating.
Mmm! a bit weird!
After you have read these pages, if you would like to follow my trail around Germany, please click on next Town listed FUESSEN
- Pros:Was open until 6pm
- In a nutshell:Great! A must see if you are in the area!
Located at this Palace, is more than one style of garden. If you want to see ALL of the gardens, well be prepared for... more travel advice
We walked infront of the Palace and followed the path on the far side. Not far, was a dear little Chapel, painted white... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Schloß Linderhof Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Our third Ludwig's Castle"
- "Another palace of "mad" King Ludwig II"
- "Call it "Bomboniera""
- "The home of a solitary king"
- "Just missed a great Castle here!"
- "GOLD AND MORE GOLD - SCHLOSS LINDERHOF"
- "Schloss Linderhof"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Schloß Linderhof
- Transportation in Schloß Linderhof
- Restaurants in Schloß Linderhof
- Shopping in Schloß Linderhof
- Warnings and Dangers in Schloß Linderhof
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Schloß Linderhof
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (641)
Have you been to Schloß Linderhof?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schloß Linderhof
- Posted in Travel Australia Forum "Re: Kangaroo Island worth to visit?"
- updated a Schloß Linderhof Travel Page "GOLD AND MORE GOLD - SCHLOSS LINDERHOF"
- Commented on one of balhannah's Schloß Linderhof travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "GOLD AND MORE GOLD - SCHLOSS LINDERHOF"
- Wrote a Review GARDENS AT SCHLOSS LINDERHOF in Schloß Linderhof Things to Do
Photos in Schloß LinderhofSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 271 reviews, 792 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 265 reviews, 617 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 173 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues