"MIRI FOR A DAY!" Miri by balhannah
Miri Travel Guide: 242 reviews and 620 photos
We flew with Air Asia from Kota Kinabalul to Miri. The flight was good, and
so were the views!
Miri is the 2nd largest city in Sarawak and has a population of 300,000
people with a mixture of Chinese, indigineous tribes who have moved
down from their native lands that have been logged, and Malays
Miri is Sarawak and Malaysia’s first Oil producing area, with the finding of
Oil first officially recorded in 1882.
The locals had been using Oil long before, collecting it for medicinal use, for
waterproofing of boats and for lighting oil lamps.
It was not until 1910 when the first oil company moved in to exploit its wealth
Miri looks to be quite a rich city, we noticed that quite a few of the homes
were very large.
We did find there wasn't a lot to see and do here, and probably one day is enough.
I enjoyed walking around the large impressive chinese cemetery which I
could see from the air, it was so huge!
We hired a car from the Airport which they let us keep for longer for the
same price, as our plane was delayed. We couldn't complain about that
- Pros:Loved our accommodation the Miri Marriott Hotel & Spa
- Cons:Very busy, not many parking spots in city centre.
- In a nutshell:Not a lot to occupy a Tourist for more than a day!
Miri has an emblem, and that emblem is a SEA HORSE. On your wanders around the City, you are sure to find plenty of... more travel advice
Taman Awam Miri is a huge family park with children’s playground, botanical garden, soft adventure activities, jogging... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Miri Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MIRI - THE OIL TOWN"
- "Home Sweet Home"
- "Miri - Resort City & Gateway to the Wild"
- "Starting point"
- "Miri - Starting point for National Parks and more!"
- "MIRI FOR A DAY!"
- "My hometown"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Miri
- Hotels in Miri
- Transportation in Miri
- Nightlife in Miri
- Restaurants in Miri
- Shopping in Miri
- Warnings and Dangers in Miri
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Miri
- 7 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (480)
Have you been to Miri?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Miri
Photos in MiriSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 742 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 166 reviews, 320 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues