"Kuching" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching by balhannah

Kuching Travel Guide: 794 reviews and 2,083 photos

OUR DAYS IN KUCHING

We stayed at Kuching for a few days at the Holiday Inn which was located
right on the riverfront. What a lovely Hotel this was, and the views from our window overlooking the riverside were fascinating.

Kuching has a lovely riverfront esplanade which I really loved walking along during the day, and also in the evenings. Sampans go to and fro across the river for a fee of only $1.

On the other side of the River is Fort Margaretha, and the Istana (Palace)
The city is easy to walk around. We found the wet market, and Jalan
India
which was a Mall full of shops with a big choice of items and cheap prices.

We did several day trips out from Kuching.
Bako National Park was an excellent tour, it had a meal included which wasn't the best. I think this is a must visit park, beautiful landscapes, wildlife, Beaches and Jungle treks!

Sarawak cultural village, another must see, was very well done.
You walk around and see the different tribal huts and their traditions, they also do a short dance performance. After doing the loop, go and see the show, its fantastic.

Pitcher plant & Orchid nursery was well worth seeing. They had a large
variety of Pitcher plants, and it was set out very nice. We visited both Fairy & Wind Caves. In our opinion, Wind cave wasn't worth seeing, pitch black, so you need to take a torch.

Fairy cave, was fantastic, colossal, much better than Batu caves in Kuala Lumpur, well worth the visit.

We also did the Sunset cruise on the Sarawak river which was a nice way to see the sights from the river and to relax. A beautiful sunset finished off a nice cruise on the river.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Kuching, so much, that we would love to return!

• Pros:Plenty of good shopping opportunities
  • Cons:Mad drivers
  • In a nutshell:Very nice
  • Last visit to Kuching: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Jan 23, 2013

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2013 at 5:12 PM

A lovely page, I so want to visit this part of the world one day :)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Dee, very comprehensive page about this gem of Malaysia. Brilliant photos as well. The hotel really seems to be a very good find.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2010 at 3:37 PM

What an eclectic mix of cultures here, and the town square is just that. YOu again did a fine job of presenting the area and its sites.

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2010 at 4:13 AM

Dee, I love your sunsets. this seems like a very special place.

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Brilliant pages, Dee. Nice photos of your Bako tour, & cultural setups.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2010 at 1:52 AM

Hi Dee, wishing you happy travels for 2010. Thanks for lovely tips & photo's ;-)

• calcaf38's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Thank you for visiting my Harbin page: indeed it was cold. I always dream about Kuching, and I hope I can visit some day. I saw recipes for that layer cake on line. Looks time consuming! nyonyafood.com/kek-lapis-ind...

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Outstanding pages about Kuching with the fort, temple caves, parks, Culture Center Village. & museums. Good warning about Bee's nest. Loved info about the cats. Great night photo. Excellent photographs.

• thegreynomad's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2009 at 1:49 AM

Kuching sounds like a nice place to visit, it has plenty to see. Like the sound of Bako National Park and seeing the Monkey, Snakes and Sea Stacks, very nice!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2009 at 7:32 AM

Wow Dee! Kuching looks so enchanting. The museums, parks, Aquarium, and Sarawak Cultural Centre look amazing. Thanks for the wonderful tour!

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Kuching

Have you been to Kuching?

Latest Activity in Kuching