"Kuching" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching by balhannah
Kuching Travel Guide: 787 reviews and 2,074 photos
OUR DAYS IN KUCHING
We stayed at Kuching for a few days at the Holiday Inn which was located
right on the riverfront. What a lovely Hotel this was, and the views from our window overlooking the riverside were fascinating.
Kuching has a lovely riverfront esplanade which I really loved walking along during the day, and also in the evenings. Sampans go to and fro across the river for a fee of only $1.
On the other side of the River is Fort Margaretha, and the Istana (Palace)
The city is easy to walk around. We found the wet market, and Jalan
India which was a Mall full of shops with a big choice of items and cheap prices.
We did several day trips out from Kuching.
Bako National Park was an excellent tour, it had a meal included which wasn't the best. I think this is a must visit park, beautiful landscapes, wildlife, Beaches and Jungle treks!
Sarawak cultural village, another must see, was very well done.
You walk around and see the different tribal huts and their traditions, they also do a short dance performance. After doing the loop, go and see the show, its fantastic.
Pitcher plant & Orchid nursery was well worth seeing. They had a large
variety of Pitcher plants, and it was set out very nice. We visited both Fairy & Wind Caves. In our opinion, Wind cave wasn't worth seeing, pitch black, so you need to take a torch.
Fairy cave, was fantastic, colossal, much better than Batu caves in Kuala Lumpur, well worth the visit.
We also did the Sunset cruise on the Sarawak river which was a nice way to see the sights from the river and to relax. A beautiful sunset finished off a nice cruise on the river.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Kuching, so much, that we would love to return!
- Pros:Plenty of good shopping opportunities
- Cons:Mad drivers
- In a nutshell:Very nice
The ethnic Chinese in Sarawak account for about one-third of the state population after having migrated from mainland... more travel advice
The ethnic Melanau makes up about 6% of the population of Sarawak, and mainly live around the central coastal region of... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Kuching Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cat City"
- "The Liveable, Green Cat City Welcomes you Back"
- "A Quick Two Day Stay In Beautiful Kuching"
- "Kuching - City of Cats"
- "KUCHING WATERFRONT"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuching
- Hotels in Kuching
- Transportation in Kuching
- Nightlife in Kuching
- Restaurants in Kuching
- Shopping in Kuching
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuching
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuching
- 42 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (241)
Have you been to Kuching?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuching
Photos in KuchingSee All Photos (106)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue