Kota Kinabalu Transportation Tips by balhannah Top 5 Page for this destination
Kota Kinabalu Transportation: 100 reviews and 140 photos
Jesselton Point is the main public ferry terminal if you decide on going to Labuan by ferry. The journey from Kota Kinabalu to Labuan will take about 3 hours and if you proceed to Brunei, it will take an additional 1 hour.
Approx 200 seats on the ferry divided into 60 seats for First Class and 140 Economy Class seats
2015 Counter open from 6.30 am to 2 pm
Two Trips Every Day
From KK To Labuan From Labuan To KK From KK To Brunei
Departure . Arrival ......Departure ..Arrival ... Departure ... Arrival
8.00am ..... 11.00am ... 8.00am .... 11.00pm 8.00am ........2.30pm (Labuan transit)
1.30pm .... 4.30pm .....1.00pm ........4.00pm
From KK to Labuan First Class: RM44.60 Economy Class: RM39.60
From Labuan to KK First Class: RM39.00 Economy Class: RM34.00
From KK To Brunei - Economy Class: RM60 (Adult), RM38 (Children)
R31, Jesselton Point Ferry Terminal, Kota Kinabalu.
For Brunei Ferry Service, please contact +0802 226688
Phone: 60 88 236834
The City Park bus terminal in Kota Kinabalu is opposite the Court.
This bus terminal mostly serves routes from Kota Kinabalu to Menumbok, from where you catch the Ferry to Labuan island. There are bus routes to Brunei and Sarawak, Kuching.
BUS COMPANIES AND TIMES OF DEPARTURES
Bintang Jaya Express
+6 013 800 7178
From KK City Park Terminal to Miri Departs 7.30am Daily
BUS FARES 2015
Via Lawas Rm 30
Via Limbang Rm 50
Arriving Miri Rm 90
+6 016-836 0009 / +6 012-622 9722
From KK City Park Terminal to Bandar Seri Begawan
Via Lawas RM20
Via Limbang RM50
Bandar Sri Begawan Rm 100
Kota Kinabalu - Beaufort - Sipitang 8.00am, 8.30am, 10.00am, 12.00pm, 2.30pm, 4.30pm, 530pm
Kota Kinabalu - Brunei 8.00am
Kota Kinabalu - Menumbok 7.30am, 9.00am, 1.00pm
Menumbok 6.50am, 11am, 1230pm, 2.30pm
Kota Kinabalu - Menumbok 6.45am, 11am, 12.30pm
Kota Kinabalu -Miri - Old - Limbang - Brunei 7.45am
Other Contact: http://translate.google.com.au/t
If you don't want to catch a Taxi to the city centre, then there is an Airport Shuttle service.
You can pre-book the service if you wish, this way a driver will be waiting with your name on the sign, or you can book a seat on arrival.
For your departure, they will pick you up from your Hotel and take you to the airport, just arrange this with them.
Travel times at night may be charged an extra fee.
Rates in 2009 are....
81 rm p/person one way......
2people or more....40rm one way p/person
To go to the Rasa Ria or Nexus
146 rm p/person one way....
2 people or more 73rm one way......
Kota Kinabalu International Airport (BKI)
There are more details on their website, and this is how you book and get your voucher.
Hire car "Kancil"
On 23/6/2007 we were in KK and stayed at the Beverley Hotel which was ex. That Hotel had a hire car company in the building, and we just went and saw them and hired a small economical car called a "Kancil" for the day. The cost was 100mr for the day. I think they had a main office in the city. There was no need to book ahead on the internet.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (20)
balhannah's Related Pages
Kota Kinabalu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kota Kinabalu"
- "Malaysian Borneo"
- "KK (as it is commonly known)"
- "KOTA KINABALU - SABAH"
- "Of Mountains,Islands & Headhunters. Don't miss it!"
- "KK Has It All!"
- "Kota Kinabalu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kota Kinabalu
- Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
- Transportation in Kota Kinabalu
- Nightlife in Kota Kinabalu
- Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
- Shopping in Kota Kinabalu
- Warnings and Dangers in Kota Kinabalu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kota Kinabalu
- 24 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 29 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (586)
Have you been to Kota Kinabalu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kota Kinabalu
Photos in Kota KinabaluSee All Photos (51)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 257 reviews, 752 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 173 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (327)
- Manukan Island- 11 Reviews, 46 Photos
- Gaya Street- 8 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Lok Kawi Wildlife Park- 5 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Signal Hill- 11 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Poring Hot Spring- 13 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Tanjung Aru Beach- 8 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Canopy Walk- 6 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Tunku Abdul Rahman Park- 9 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Sabah Museum- 5 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Jesselton Point Waterfront- 3 Reviews, 12 Photos
See All Kota Kinabalu Things to Do