"BAD KREUZNACH" Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Kreuznach by balhannah
Bad Kreuznach Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 134 photos
Did you know Stone Age people were already settled here before the Celts and Romans arrived, and you can see the remains of Roman life, by visiting the Roman Villa.
Once upon a time, Bad Kreuznach was also part of France and Prussia?
You may want to holiday here when one of the Town festival's are on....
The fisherman’s fair in September on Rose island has a tournament 'Fischerstechen', where participants try with the help of lances to knock their opponents into the water while standing in small boats, similar to a knights’ tournament on horseback.
The fair is a reminder of the long fishing tradition on the river Nahe.
It is also known for its Wine.
There are 70 wineries and over 700 hectares making this area one of the largest wine-producing villages in the country.
In this area, the Reisling Wine is produced, also Sylvaner, Pinot Blanc and Grey, Dornfelder and Pinot Noir.
When to visit for good weather.......
Bad Kreuznach is one of the sunniest and warmest regions in Germany.
If you want to enjoy warm weather, then it's best to come between June to August.
August has the least rainfall with the most hot days.
Most days of rain are expected in October and in December, the fewest in February, May and August.
If you have finished reading these tip's, and still would like to follow my journey through Germany, please click on the Town link below
- In a nutshell:Lovely old Town area!
Bad Kreuznach was interesting to walk around, I just wish I had longer to see more! Not only do you have to look up,... more travel advice
The Egg Market is a square, surrounded by the church of St. Nicholas, half-timbered houses and the medieval Butcher's... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Bad Kreuznach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bad Kreuznach, lovely setting & marvellous hiking"
- "BAD KREUZNACH - KUR TOWN FOR THE KAISER"
- "BAD KREUZNACH"
- "Bad Kreuznach, a spa town worth seeing"
- "The amazing 'Brueckenhauser'"
- "Sleepy Bad Kreuznach"
- "Bad Kreuznach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bad Kreuznach
- Hotels in Bad Kreuznach
- Transportation in Bad Kreuznach
- Restaurants in Bad Kreuznach
- Warnings and Dangers in Bad Kreuznach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bad Kreuznach
- 6 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (583)
Have you been to Bad Kreuznach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bad Kreuznach
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 254 reviews, 744 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 173 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues