"BAYREUTH" Bayreuth by balhannah

Bayreuth Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 157 photos

LARGEST CITY IN UPPER FRANCONIA

Bayreuth........and probably most well known because of the yearly Robert Wagner Festival in July/August.

Bayreuth, I thought to be very nice.

Wide street's, pedestrian street's, lot's of lovely 18th century building's, beautiful Schloss's, a magnificent Opera House, and plenty of Parks and garden's, lot's of beaut fountain's, and a wealth of impressive baroque and rococo architecture.

The Tourist Information office is located at Luitpoldplatz 9, between the city center and the train station.

OPEN....Monday - Friday...9AM-6PM & Saturday.. 9:30AM-1PM
Sundays 10 -2pm [May - October]
A two-hour city tour (in German) daily at 10:30AM (only Saturdays from Nov-Apr) for 5.50 €.

For visiting the sights and taking the buses, they offer the Bayreuth Card, which provides three days of free bus travel, the city tour, and entry to 9 different museums for 11.5 euro's, so pay them a visit if you are staying for a full day or more!

After you have read these page's, if you would like to follow my trail around Germany, please click on next Town listed below

KULMBACH

• In a nutshell:Beautiful building's and garden's in Bayreuth!
  • Last visit to Bayreuth: Jun 2011
  • Intro Updated Dec 25, 2012

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I’m glad you had such nice weather for your visit to Bayreuth. I was there once for a short visit, but the weather was awful. Bayreuth has two opera houses, and I am sorry to say that I have never seen a performance at either one.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Jun 9, 2013 at 1:08 AM

I am sure you will get there one day! It must be wonderful to see an Opera in a beautiful Opera house like the one in my photo. We have been lucky with weather in Germany when ever we have visited.

• alancollins's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Hi Dee, my brother in law is always saying we should visit Bayreuth as he loves Wagner's operas. Alan

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I must talk to you about Bayreuth. I have it as a maybe on my list. Love the Opera House and lucky you to be the only ones there.

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Bayreuth

Have you been to Bayreuth?

Latest Activity in Bayreuth