"DROP DEAD GORGEOUS BERNKASTEL-KUES!" Top 5 Page for this destination Bernkastel-Kues by balhannah

Bernkastel-Kues Travel Guide: 137 reviews and 332 photos

ANOTHER FAVORITE IN GERMANY!

Bernkastel-Kues, is a small town located close to Trier in Germany.

It is situated on the famous Mosel River and has a history which dates back many centuries.

The biggest attractions are the historical buildings which to this day are well maintained.

At every corner I turned, I found more of these historic building's, more town square's, and more Fountain's, this Town is one of the best to explore!

We were here in July, and admittedly, it was early morning, so I had most of the Town to myself, this was excellent!

I can quite imagine when in high season, it would be very crowded in the narrow street's, and very hard to get a decent photo!

Liquid Gold, is a knick-name for Wine produced in this area, as it has brought so much income into the town.

Bernkastel-Kues is home to many vineyards resulting in some of the finest wines originating from the area.

There are many hiking and cycling trails, in fact, we saw nearly as many cyclist's as we did Car's!

The town hosts numerous annual festivals to highlight its medieval atmosphere
and to celebrate the fine wines.

The highlight each year is the big "wine festival" in Bernkastel-Kues, which always takes place in early September.
First a parade, a varied program of music, wine tasting at various winerie's, and to finish, a huge Firework's display.

Christmas....

the Medieval Christmas Market attracts visitors, and you can try mulled wine made from Riesling and Dornfelder.

Over several month's, the Mosel Music Festival is held, and Artists come from all over the world.

If you have finished reading these tips, and would like to follow my journey further, please click on the town name below

TRIER

• In a nutshell:One of the prettiest and most interesting Village's in Germany
  • Last visit to Bernkastel-Kues: Jul 2011
  • Intro Updated Dec 26, 2012

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Great page. It brings back memories from when I lived in this region of Germany! ~JR

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Fine photos of this nice historic town!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Sep 12, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Thanks Don! I loved every little village along the Mosel, and the countryside & River. I would love to take a bike ride alongside it, we saw many people doing this. What a way to go on lovely sunny day!

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM

A great page about this little town.Thank you.

• Segolily's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Oh, your photos are wonderful. Our visit there was much too short.

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Bernkastel-Kues

Have you been to Bernkastel-Kues?

Photos in Bernkastel-Kues