"DROP DEAD GORGEOUS BERNKASTEL-KUES!" Top 5 Page for this destination Bernkastel-Kues by balhannah
Bernkastel-Kues Travel Guide: 138 reviews and 332 photos
ANOTHER FAVORITE IN GERMANY!
Bernkastel-Kues, is a small town located close to Trier in Germany.
It is situated on the famous Mosel River and has a history which dates back many centuries.
The biggest attractions are the historical buildings which to this day are well maintained.
At every corner I turned, I found more of these historic building's, more town square's, and more Fountain's, this Town is one of the best to explore!
We were here in July, and admittedly, it was early morning, so I had most of the Town to myself, this was excellent!
I can quite imagine when in high season, it would be very crowded in the narrow street's, and very hard to get a decent photo!
Liquid Gold, is a knick-name for Wine produced in this area, as it has brought so much income into the town.
Bernkastel-Kues is home to many vineyards resulting in some of the finest wines originating from the area.
There are many hiking and cycling trails, in fact, we saw nearly as many cyclist's as we did Car's!
The town hosts numerous annual festivals to highlight its medieval atmosphere
and to celebrate the fine wines.
The highlight each year is the big "wine festival" in Bernkastel-Kues, which always takes place in early September.
First a parade, a varied program of music, wine tasting at various winerie's, and to finish, a huge Firework's display.
the Medieval Christmas Market attracts visitors, and you can try mulled wine made from Riesling and Dornfelder.
Over several month's, the Mosel Music Festival is held, and Artists come from all over the world.
If you have finished reading these tips, and would like to follow my journey further, please click on the town name below
- In a nutshell:One of the prettiest and most interesting Village's in Germany
This Monastery is located just 7km's from Bernkastel Kues. In 1084, there was evidence that there was a Monastery... more travel advice
A River Mosel cruise is a great way that two people can both sit back and relax and enjoy the sight's. The area around... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Bernkastel-Kues Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "a great castle & bears for breakfast"
- "Amazing half-timbered houses"
- "Welcome in Bernkastel Kues - Mosel valley"
- "Heart of the central Mosel"
- "DROP DEAD GORGEOUS BERNKASTEL-KUES!"
- "A Surprise trip to the Mosel-Saar-Ruwer wine area"
- "Bernkastel-Kues: German Fairy-Tale Romantic"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bernkastel-Kues
- Hotels in Bernkastel-Kues
- Transportation in Bernkastel-Kues
- Nightlife in Bernkastel-Kues
- Restaurants in Bernkastel-Kues
- Shopping in Bernkastel-Kues
- Warnings and Dangers in Bernkastel-Kues
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bernkastel-Kues
- 15 Reviews
- 88 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (583)
Have you been to Bernkastel-Kues?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bernkastel-Kues
- Posted in Travel Galway Forum "Re: The cliffs of moher "
- Commented on one of Kettleman's Bernkastel-Kues travel pages
- updated a Bernkastel-Kues Travel Page "DROP DEAD GORGEOUS BERNKASTEL-KUES!"
- Wrote a Review KLOSTER MACHERN in Bernkastel-Kues Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "HISTORIC BUILDING'S IN BERNKASTEL-KUES-4"
Photos in Bernkastel-KuesSee All Photos (88)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 254 reviews, 744 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 173 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues