"SIEM REAP" Siem Reap by balhannah
Siem Reap Travel Guide: 553 reviews and 1,980 photos
SIEM REAP - THE TOWN
Getting to Siem Reap by air was very expensive at $105.
If I had known that the roads were in good condition now, I would have taken the bus for about a sixth of the price.
Perhaps this will help others!
The taxi from the airport was cheap, only $5.
My Hotel was in a very dusty side street, I wondered where on earth my Taxi was taking me! It turned out to be quite a smart Hotel, but no views.
Siem Reap in April was very hot, during the day as well as through the night, so you really need air conditioning in your accommodation.
Food......and there are plenty of restaurants to choose from with all types of food available. Markets are here also.
TEMPLES, TEMPLES & MORE TEMPLES
I bought the 3 day pass to see the Temples, I really think you need 3 days at least! I spent two 8 hour days in the scorching sun, climbing and clambering
around Temples in the heat of the day. I was up very early for the sunrise at Angkor Wat, this was a fantastic sight and not to be missed! ...........
Did more walking, and wore myself out, and I also was ALL TEMPLED OUT!
The Temples were wonderful, and well worth the hard slog.
I hired a tuk-tuk for the day, every day, this was a great way to get around. I also enjoyed the nice breeze.
I haven't written any tips on all the Temples that I saw. I went to lots and lots, and they were all very interesting.
I feel there are enough reviews on each of them, that I can add no more.
I had nearly 3 full days of walking around them, was exhausted the last day, the heat was so oppressive, so finished early on the last day.
Visiting here was an incredible experience for me, and one I won't forget.
This Wat is located beside the River in the centre of town. It was founded in 1915. In the grounds are two large... more travel advice
The Royal Residence is used by the King as a holiday Palace. Infront are gardens, which just look like a park, no... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Siem Reap Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Siem Reap - The Great Gate to Angkor"
- "Portal for Angkor Temple Complex But Nice Itself"
- "Interesting Town, Close to Angkor Wat"
- "Siem Reap - Gateway to Angkor"
- "Siem Reap"
- "Siem Reap"
- "SIEM REAP"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Siem Reap
- Hotels in Siem Reap
- Transportation in Siem Reap
- Nightlife in Siem Reap
- Restaurants in Siem Reap
- Shopping in Siem Reap
- Warnings and Dangers in Siem Reap
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Siem Reap
- 14 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (511)
Have you been to Siem Reap?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Siem Reap
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 742 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 166 reviews, 320 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues