"BINGEN AM RHEIN" Top 5 Page for this destination Bingen am Rhein by balhannah

Bingen am Rhein Travel Guide: 118 reviews and 362 photos

Bingen am Rhein is a town in the Mainz-Bingen district in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.

It is situated at the gateway to the Romantic Rhine, on the Unesco World Heritage of the ‘Upper Middle-Rhine Valley’, in the middle of the four winegrowing regions of Rheinhessen, Nahe, Rheingau and Middle Rhine.

Bingen Am Rhein was where we were going to stay, that was, until we realized the "Rhein in Flammen" [firework's] were on, and all accommodation was already booked out a week ahead!

Well, never mind, there was Bad Kreuznach nearby, a lovey Town to explore and it had a Hotel with accommodation.

If you do the River Rhine cruise, then I would suggest starting from Bingen am Rhein.

Car parking was easy to find, so was the Boat Quay and the Information Centre.

I hope you enjoyed your virtual tour on our Cruise along the Rhine.

If you did, and have finished reading these pages, I hope you will come and join me as I explore another Town in Germany.

Please click on name below.

• In a nutshell:Good starting point for the River Rhine Cruise
  • Last visit to Bingen am Rhein: Jul 2011
  • Intro Updated Feb 22, 2015

• Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2015 at 12:11 AM

Ah, so many wonderful castles. Infortunately some of them are in ruins. Thank you for vistual tour. I hope to travel along the Rhine River on one sunny day!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I enjoyed looking at your fine photos from your Rhine River cruise.
    It’s great that you had Ingrid as your guide for the fireworks on the Rhine!
    By coincidence Ingrid was in Frankfurt today, so I had lunch with her at the lovely café in the courtyard of the Liebieghaus Museum, and we chatted for most of the afternoon.
    "Liebieghaus – Museum of Ancient Sculpture" - Museums Tip by Nemorino

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Ah the memories! Especially loved the pics of Bacharach - a sentimental favourite of mine. Well done, Dee.

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Bingen am Rhein

Have you been to Bingen am Rhein?

Latest Activity in Bingen am Rhein