"EXPLORING THE WORLD!" balhannah's Profile

A WARM WELCOME TO MY PAGES!

I hope you enjoy reading them and find some new places to put on "your" list

NEWEST EUROPEAN PAGE- The beautiful old town of STEIN AM RHEIN whose Rathausplatz is full of medieval buildings covered in frescoes. This town is a MUST VISIT!

NEWEST WESTERN AUSTRALIA PAGES

GOOMALING, home of the Domes and DOWERIN, home of Rusty the Dog.

OTHER NEW AUSTRALIAN PAGES

GUNDAGAI home of the Dog on the Tucker Box and Dad, Dave, Mum & Mable.

TAMWORTH - Country Music Capital of Australia

Read about the largest prisoner of war escape in WWII, it happened at COWRA - AUSTRALIA

Lastly, YASS, once nearly chosen as the site of Australia's capital.

2015

Drove over 9,000kms on a road trip to and around the Snowy Mountains.

Click on WALLANGARRA the border town of Queensland and New South Wales. From there, click on the BLUE links on the bottom of each page to go to the next town and to follow my holiday.

2014

We did a 17669 kms road trip which included Outback Australia and Western Australia.

This was a wonderful trip that took in a variety of scenery, from the inland to the coast, we saw hundreds of unique wildflowers, lesser known towns and the capital of WA - Perth
First town is BEAUDESERT, then click on the GREEN links at the bottom of each page to go to the next town and see where I went and what I experienced.

Only interested in Western Australia,

Then click on the 1st town NORSEMAN then follow the GREEN links on the bottom of each page to see the wonders of WA.

2013 EUROPEAN ROAD TRIP

Once again, you can join me as a "virtual passenger in the car," as we travel through Europe, starting in PARIS and then travel by car to GERMANY, CZECH REPUBLIC, SLOVAKIA, HUNGARY, ROMANIA, AUSTRIA, LIECHTENSTEIN, SWITZERLAND, FRANCE, IRELAND, SCOTLAND & ICELAND - Still being worked on......
This time we visited the capital cities of BUDAPEST & PRAGUE

Click on the RED links at the bottom of my Paris Page and follow the links on every page to enjoy a virtual tour of where I went in Europe 2013

2012

An 11,500km road trip to New South Wales, Eyre Peninsula and the coastline of South Australia and Victoria.

Click on the RED links at the bottom of each page to follow my holiday and to see amazing and varied scenery of the Outback and the coasts, Animals, Birds, lots of Wineries, historic towns, beautiful unique wildflowers and many different attractions.

EUROPE 2011

If you would like to follow our driving holiday through EUROPE,
just click on this link FRANCE and and follow the RED links to be taken along to Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium and the United Kingdom

Our trip was not the norm, as we didn't visit many of the "must see" Capital cities, but we followed back roads, visiting small Villages that I had researched and that we enjoyed once there!

LET'S GO ON A SEASIDE HOLIDAY.

We begin at Ballina, then follow the SEASIDE HOLIDAY LINKS at the bottom of each page.

My Australian page has plenty of details to help backpackers, people on a budget, visa's etc, so have a look at AUSTRALIA

OUTBACK AUSTRALIA TOWNS & INFORMATION

Please click on the BLUE names of the towns for more information...
The "Outback," towns are often quite small, with only a few houses and a Pub, not a real lot to see.
You can be sure of a warm welcome with the locals.

More of these towns can be found on my QUEENSLAND - OFF THE BEATEN TRACK TIPS.

Farm work can sometimes be found in these areas.

# I am continually adding either to this page, or making new Australian pages, so check back now and then.

CRUISES

CLICK ON THE LINKS TO COME FOR A VIRTUAL CRUISE WITH ME!

Nice to do at the tail end of a holiday, an opportunity for relaxation.
Also a nice way to check out places and to decide if we want to return.

ALASKA - Come cruising with me one-way, departing from WHITTIER ALASKA, and along the way calling into Ketchikan, Juneau & Skagway, before arriving in VANCOUVER for disembarkation.

ASIA - Come cruising with me from SINGAPORE stopping at Langkawi & Penang along the way to PHUKET-THAILAND before returning to Singapore for disembarkation.

BALTIC CAPITALS- Come cruising with me from...STOCKHOLM, calling in at St. Petersburg-Russia, Riga-Latvia, Visby-Sweden, Gdansk-Poland, Helsinki-Finland, before returning to Stockholm for disembarkation.

MEDITERRANEAN - Come cruising with me from BARCELONA - SPAIN
calling in at Valletta - Malta, Messina - Sicily, Rome & Genoa - Italy, and finally Marseille - France before returning to Barcelona to disembark.

NORWEGIAN FJORDS - Come cruising with me from COPENHAGEN-DENMARK stopping along the way at Kiel-Germany, Geiranger, Flam, Stavanger and Oslo in Norway, before returning to Copenhagen to dis-embark

COUNTRIES [Towns and Cities visited on Country page]

SINGAPORE
SLOVAKIA
SLOVENIA
SPAIN - Barcelona
SWEDEN - Stockholm Including Visby in Gotland.
SWITZERLAND - New updates
THAILAND
TURKEY
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA + ALASKA
VATICAN CITY
VIETNAM
WALES [U.K.]

I am born and bred Australian living close to Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

Travel in Australia is with a Caravan, a great way to see this big country, and an added plus, you can stay right by the seaside, for a fraction of the price.
The National Parks are an excellent area to stay in, usually cheap, quite a few have all the amenities of Caravan Parks, plus your stay is with Flora & Fauna, peace & quiet, and sharing your meal with a Kookaburra! If you have a fully self contained vehicle like a camper van, then there are plenty of legal FREE CAMPS in most states, I have listed ones I have stayed at and enjoyed.
If you need to unwind, then these are the places to stay.

I do hope you enjoy reading my tips............
I love writing tips, and I love researching for them!
It is my way of enjoying the holiday the second time round, and for my family to read and enjoy them too!

As a Brisbane VT member, I would like to welcome you to Brisbane.
If you would like to meet with me or other Brisbane members, or would like some questions answered on Australia, please email me and I will do my best to help you.

As you most probably guessed by now, both my husband & I enjoy travel, with myself being the more adventurous of the two of us.

We live in a lovely country area with views to Mt. Tamborine, & Lamington National Park, an area that deserves a visit if you are on the Gold Coast or in Brisbane.
As such, we like the country areas and the National Parks of countries, more so than the "huge" cities, this will reflect in my reviews, cities don't do much for us, but will still have a look at them.

WILDLIFE & BIRD'S

We both enjoy seeing Birdlife & Wildlife.
When we built our house, I planted the garden to attract birds. At that time, all we had was a couple of hundred water birds that came when the floodplain in our paddock had water. Beautiful!
Black and White Ibis, variety of Ducks, Water hens, Black Swans, Pelicans, Cormorants, Spoonbills, Egrets, and other water Birds. At a certain time of the year, a pair of Jabiru Storks come, these are mainly found in the Northern Territory. We've also had Magpie Geese, a big Black and White Goose.
NOW, the garden has lots of native Flora and lots of Birds of all types.
Brightly coloured Parrots, Honeyeaters, Wrens, Finches, others, too many to list. The Blue Fairy wrens come to the back door, the Magpies feed out my hand. At the moment they have babies, so are busily feeding them. Mother Magpie has become very "game" and actually walked inside to me at my Computer! They are not dumb!

TIME TO READ, RESEARCH, EXPLORE, ENJOY!

Now that I have finished writing all my Tips, it is my chance to "Virtual Travel" and enjoy the pages of other Members, visiting places I have never heard of, and probably will never, ever get to in my life time!

Virtual Tourist I find interesting, even if I'm not planning a holiday. I have found so many interesting places and things to do!
I have met virtually and for real, lots of friendly and interesting people who I can communicate with, and we all have one main thing in common, TRAVEL!

For me, It's a never ending journey of enlightenment of "World Places"

Thanks to all those Members, for taking the time to write the tips for people like me, I get to travel the world on the cheap!!

Well, If you read some tips and enjoyed them, or perhaps found them helpful, I would love to hear a comment about my page, that really makes my day and is the incentive for me to do more !

Do have a great day, and enjoy your next Holiday,

" Who ever you are" and "Where ever that may be!"

• Intro Updated Jul 29, 2015

11 hours ago

Dee, thanks very much for your countless ratings and comments! I'm glad you liked my pages - and as you know the area yourself, I hope it was a nice way to revive a few memories.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      10 hours ago

It did revive memories, I really love that area! I learnt a lot of interesting information from your tips that I never knew:)

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2015 at 5:20 AM

Thank you for visiting my pages and your feedback. I am glad you liked!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2015 at 6:17 PM

Thank you so very much Dee for visiting my Las Vegas page! Its huge and I appreciate the visit. I still have more to add from my recent visit...yikes...:) Thank you again!

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2015 at 7:05 AM

Thanks for the visit to my page, and yes, I love animals. xoxo))

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2015 at 11:45 AM

Dee, thanks for your visit to my Munich page. I appreciate your ratings and comments.

• jayjayc's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2015 at 11:29 PM

Belated Happy Birthday. Cheers!

• CDM7's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2015 at 3:42 AM

Dee, Thank you for taking the time to visit and rate some of my tips ! Lovely photo of the Mainau garden on your profile page,will have to look at that sometime.

• Garrysumi's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2015 at 12:16 AM

HBD

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2015 at 7:08 PM

Wow Dee! Thank you so very much for visiting my Las Vegas page again! We seem to find something new or something we overlook when we visit. I don't always like driving there, but when we get there I cannot wait to explore LV. Thank you again!

Jul 5, 2015 at 2:16 AM

You've travelled extensively in Europe! I'll definitely come back and check out more of your pages!
    Btw, you might want to stop in Tuttlingen the next time you're near Lake Constance. I could give you a tour.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Jul 5, 2015 at 1:28 PM

Thanks Golo! Might be a long wait for me! You never know, but I think that may have been my last trip. I really loved the area around Lake Constance,

Jul 5, 2015 at 11:59 PM

Yes, it is indeed very beautiful.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
balhannah's Profile Photo

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Real Name