"EXPLORING THE WORLD!" balhannah's Profile

A WARM WELCOME TO MY PAGES!
I hope you enjoy reading them and find some new places to put on "your" list.

PORT MACQUARIE is a beautiful destination, one of the oldest in NSW. Has history, Koalas, lots of beaches, it has the works!

NEWEST PAGES ABOUT TOWNS IN QUEENSLAND - AUSTRALIA
You can follow our trip by clicking on the links, starting with the town of
Maryborough, Hervey Bay, Childers, Biggenden, Gayndah, Munduberra, Murgon, and Nanango

This is a lovely trip along the scenic coast of northern New South Wales. You can come with me as a virtual friend for a SEASIDE HOLIDAY.

Ballina, Evan's Head, Yamba, Maclean, Bellingen, Port Macquarie, Kempsey, South West Rocks, Stuarts Point, Macksville, Nambucca Heads, Coffs Harbour, Red Rock, Grafton, Lawrence, Casino, and Lismore.
I hope you have enjoyed looking around this small part of Australia!

2013 EUROPEAN ROAD TRIP

Once again, you can join me as a "virtual passenger in the car," as we travel through Europe.

We arrive in Paris, FRANCE then head to
Senlis, Pierrefonds, Vitry-le-Francois, Champagne-Ardenne, Ribeauville, & Strasbourg
then cross the border into GERMANY.

NEXT - GERMANY
Buehl, then onto Baden-Baden, Rastatt, Ettlingen, Bruchsal, Sinsheim, Mosbach, Gundelsheim, Bad Wimpfen, Nuremberg, Amberg, Weiden, Waldsassen, then we cross into the Czech Republic before returning to Germany to see Dresden, Kriebstein Castle, Waldheim, Döbeln, Meissen, Schloss Moritzburg, Schloss Pillnitz, Koenigstein & Bad Schandau
From here, we cross the border into the Czech Repbulic.

NEXT - CZECH REPUBLIC
Cheb, Marianske Lazne, Loket, Karlovy Vary, Prague, Melnik, Litomerice Terezin,
where we travel into Germany to Dresden and have a look around. We head back to the Czech Republic via Hrensko, Ceska Lipa,, Liberec, Mala Skala, Jicin, Kutna Hora, Chrudim, Litomsyl, Olomouc, Lipnik nad Becouv and finally
Rosnov pod Rasthofem
We leave the Czech Republic behind as we cross the border into Slovakia.

NEXT - SLOVAKIA
Our first stop is Zilina where we spend the night. Next, Liptovska Mikulas, Levoca, Presov and Kosice.

NEXT - HUNGARY
Making our first stop at the pretty village of Tokaj, and Nyiregyhaza
Returned to Hungary and Szolnok, Kecskemet and Budapest

NEXT - ROMANIA
Satu Mare, Judetul Maramures, Sapanta, Sighetu Marmatiei,
Suceava, Ciocanesti, Gura Humorului, Bicaz, Targu Mures and Oradea

We re-enter Hungary and head to Budapest.

2012 - Queensland, New South Wales, South Australia, Victoria road trip

11,500kms road trip around southern Australia, seeing lots of places that aren't written about on VT, DO COME ALONG FOR THE RIDE!

On this journey we see fantastic scenery, Animals, Birds, visit ADELAIDE - Capital of South Australia, lots of Wineries, Outback Australia, historic towns, so much diverse scenery and different attractions on this trip. You will see, this part of Australia has plenty to offer.
We pass through the states of Queensland, South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales

Our first stop is IPSWICH, which is Queenslands largest provincial city, a city full of beautiful heritage homes. Then we move out into the Queensland countryside and the small town of Rosewood onto Toowoomba, the garden city. From there, we head out west and to the outback of Australia.

Want to read more of the trip, then just follow the links on each town page

EUROPE 2011

If you would like to follow our driving holiday through EUROPE, just click on this link FRANCE and and follow the links to be taken along to Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium and the United Kingdom

Our trip was not the norm, as we didn't visit many of the "must see" Capital cities, or others in the Country, but we followed back roads, visiting small Villages that I had researched and that we enjoyed once there!

CRUISES
CLICK ON THE LINKS TO COME FOR A VIRTUAL CRUISE WITH ME!

Nice to do at the tail end of a holiday, an opportunity for relaxation.
Also a nice way to check out places and to decide if we want to return.

ALASKA - Come cruising with me one-way, departing from WHITTIER ALASKA, and along the way calling into Ketchikan, Juneau & Skagway, before arriving in VANCOUVER for disembarkation.

ASIA - Come cruising with me from SINGAPORE stopping at Langkawi & Penang along the way to PHUKET-THAILAND before returning to Singapore for disembarkation.

BALTIC CAPITALS- Come cruising with me from...STOCKHOLM, calling in at St. Petersburg-Russia, Riga-Latvia, Visby-Sweden, Gdansk-Poland, Helsinki-Finland, before returning to Stockholm for disembarkation.

MEDITERRANEAN - Come cruising with me from BARCELONA - SPAIN
calling in at Valletta - Malta, Messina - Sicily, Rome & Genoa - Italy, and finally Marseille - France before returning to Barcelona to disembark.

NORWEGIAN FJORDS - Come cruising with me from COPENHAGEN-DENMARK stopping along the way at Kiel-Germany, Geiranger, Flam, Stavanger and Oslo in Norway, before returning to Copenhagen to dis-embark

My Australian page has plenty of detail's to help backpacker's, people on a budget, visa's etc, so have a look at AUSTRALIA

OUTBACK AUSTRALIA TOWNS & INFORMATION

Please click on the BLUE names of the towns for more information................
The "Outback," towns are often quite small, with only a few houses and a Pub, not a real lot to see.
You can be sure of a warm welcome with the locals.

More of these towns can be found on my QUEENSLAND - OFF THE BEATEN TRACK TIPS.

Farm work can sometimes be found in these areas.

# I am continually adding either to this page, or making new Australian pages, so check back now and then.

COUNTRIES [Towns and Cities visited on Country page]

SINGAPORE
SLOVAKIA new!
SLOVENIA
SPAIN - Barcelona
SWEDEN - Stockholm Including Visby in Gotland.
SWITZERLAND
THAILAND
TURKEY
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA + ALASKA
VATICAN CITY
VIETNAM
WALES [U.K.]

I do hope you enjoy reading my tips............
I love writing tips, and I love researching for them!
It is my way of enjoying the holiday the second time round, and for my family to read and enjoy them too!

I am born and bred Australian living close to Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

As a Brisbane VT member, I would like to welcome you to Brisbane.
If you would like to meet with me or other Brisbane members, or would like some questions answered on Australia, please email me and I will do my best to help you.

A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US

As you most probably guessed by now, both my husband & I enjoy travel, with myself being the more adventurous of the two of us.
We live in a lovely country area with views to Mt. Tamborine, & Lamington National Park, an area that deserves a visit if you are on the Gold Coast or in Brisbane.
As such, we like the country areas and the National Parks of countries, more so than the "huge" cities, this will reflect in my reviews, cities don't do much for us, but will still have a look at them.

WILDLIFE & BIRD'S

We both enjoy seeing Birdlife & Wildlife.
When we built our house, I planted the garden to attract birds. At that time, all we had was a couple of hundred water birds that came when the floodplain in our paddock had water. Beautiful!
Black and White Ibis, variety of Ducks, Water hens, Black Swans, Pelicans, Cormorants, Spoonbills, Egrets, and other water Birds. At a certain time of the year, a pair of Jabiru Storks come, these are mainly found in the Northern Territory. We've also had Magpie Geese, a big Black and White Goose.
NOW, the garden has lots of native Flora and lots of Birds of all types.
Brightly coloured Parrots, Honeyeaters, Wrens, Finches, others, too many to list. The Blue Fairy wrens come to the back door, the Magpies feed out my hand. At the moment they have babies, so are busily feeding them. Mother Magpie has become very "game" and actually walked inside to me at my Computer! They are not dumb!

Travel in Australia is with a Caravan, a great way to see this big country, and an added plus, you can stay right by the seaside, for a fraction of the price.
The National Parks are an excellent area to stay in, usually cheap, quite a few have all the amenities of Caravan Parks, plus your stay is with Flora & Fauna, peace & quiet, and sharing your meal with a Kookaburra!
If you need to unwind, then these are the places to stay.

TIME TO READ, RESEARCH, EXPLORE, ENJOY!

Now that I have finished writing all my Tips, it is my chance to "Virtual Travel" and enjoy the pages of other Members, visiting places I have never heard of, and probably will never, ever get to in my life time!

Virtual Tourist I find interesting, even if I'm not planning a holiday. I have found so many interesting places and things to do!
I have met virtually and for real, lots of friendly and interesting people who I can communicate with, and we all have one main thing in common, TRAVEL!

For me, It's a never ending journey of enlightenment of "World Places"

Thanks to all those Members, for taking the time to write the tips for people like me, I get to travel the world on the cheap!!

Well, If you read some tips and enjoyed them, or perhaps found them helpful, I would love to hear a comment about my page, that really makes my day and is the incentive for me to do more !

Do have a great day, and enjoy your next Holiday,

" Who ever you are" and "Where ever that may be!"

• Intro Updated Apr 15, 2014

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Yesterday

Dee, thanks for your many ratings and nice comments on my Paris tips. It's great that you are now caught up on my Paris page. Right now I am in Avignon, but I hope to return to Paris this summer.

Apr 16, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Wow, I love your main photo of the birds :D

Apr 16, 2014 at 11:23 PM

They are a flock of Australian Corellas out in the wild. You often see large flocks of Parrots once you get away from the city.

Apr 9, 2014 at 5:29 AM

Thank you for visiting my Reykjanes page, Dee :)

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Thank you Dee for visiting my Garden Grove, Fountain Springs, and Frazier Park pages. Garden Grove is not far down the road from Disneyland. If I had know it was closer, I would have visited it sooner. Frazier Park usually gets the snow the same time we do, so our schools are usually closed at the same time. I loved its little museum park. Fountain Springs is interesting because of all the history. Lots of farms and ranches still there. Love the pink bear. Thanks again!

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Love the teddy, very cute. All the best, Irene

Apr 5, 2014 at 3:38 AM

It's my grand-daughters. It is the prettiest teddy bear I have ever seen!
      Hope you and Peter are well too. Summer is still with us in Autumn!

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo
      Apr 5, 2014 at 4:29 AM

We've had torrential rain, thunder and lightning for a week, but yesterday and today the sun reappeared. What a difference. Storms predicted from tomorrow again, though.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Dee, you look very fluffy and pink these days. - Thanks for visiting my Oslo page.

Apr 3, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Time to go incognito!

• Dan30's Profile Photo
      Apr 4, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Thanks bal- hannah

I will do look at your web page on AUS - I'm planing my holiday -
      I have lot home work to do - I'm sure page will be very useful

• frida57's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2014 at 8:34 PM

My pleasure

Mar 29, 2014 at 3:36 AM

Thank you for visiting my North-Iceland page, Dee :D

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2014 at 2:31 AM

Dee, thanks for coming back to my Paris page for a look at some of the newer tips. Yes, it was great to meet Eddy in person (finally) and tour the museums with him.

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Thank you Dee for visiting, rating and commenting on my Flinn Springs Page! It's the best type of place to take curious children who like to explore.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
balhannah's Profile Photo

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Real Name