Amsterdam Nightlife Tips by LittleWonder
Amsterdam Nightlife: 527 reviews and 475 photos
Other Contact: Here are a couple of Amsterdam N
<FONT COLOR=#B31200><b>Lux, bar</b><FONT COLOR=#000000> with good DJ and funky 70'ties decoration.<FONT COLOR=#000000>
Popular bar with central location, close to Leidseplein, club Melkweg and the cinema Pathè Bellevue Cinerama.
Good music, can be quite crowded especially weekend nights.
Directions: Marnixstraat 397-403
<FONT COLOR=#B31200><b>De Drie Flesches, Genevre Proeflokaal from 1650.</b><FONT COLOR=#000000><FONT COLOR=#000000>
Proeflokalen traditionally were associated with the distilleries making Genever (dutch gin). This is where the customers would taste the different barrtels of genevre before buying them. They are still a bit like a tasting shop rather than a bar.
Try a genever as an apéritif, served ice-cold in a small, cold glass, it really does stimulate the appetite.
Directions: Graven straat 16
Behind the Nieuwekerk at Damsquare
(The cafè just across the street serve wonderful home made soups.)
Theme: Eating and Drinking
<FONT COLOR=#B31200><b>Whiskycafè De Still, the ultimate place for whisky lovers!</b><FONT COLOR=#000000><FONT COLOR=#000000>
This small and cozy whiskycafè offers close to 500 different whiskys!
The staff are very friendly and know their whisky well so I usually ask them to recommend something new on the basis of what I usually like to drink.
Have a look at the small cabinets along the wall where regulars keep their special bottles.
Directions: Spuistraat 326
1095 AT Amsterdam
Other Contact: Tel: 020-620 12 49 Fax: 020-64
Theme: Eating and Drinking
<FONT COLOR=#B31200><b>Paradiso, club</b><FONT COLOR=#000000>.<FONT COLOR=#000000>
The club has a central location and is easy to find.
It is situated in an old, rebuildt church and has two floors with different types of music.
Paradiso also hosts concerts and other happenings, so check out the program available on their website.
Dress Code: No special dresscode, but you may be searched for (hard)drugs by the door.
The crowd is more or less between 18 and 28 years old.
Directions: Central, close to Leidseplein.
1017 SG AMSTERDAM
Other Contact: http://www.paradiso.nl
<FONT COLOR=#B31200><b>Melkweg, club</b><FONT COLOR=#000000>.<FONT COLOR=#000000>
This famous club offers a wide variety of entertainment. As well as beeing a nightspot with several dancefloors and bars it also hosts concerts and other happenings like theatre performances, screenings and exhibitions.
Check out their website for program. You can also see Melkweg at <a href=http://www.livenet.nl>Livenet</a>.
Dress Code: No special dresscode, crowd mainly between 18 and 30 years old.
Directions: Central, near Leidseplein.
1017 PH Amsterdam
More Reviews (15)
- See All You should see the Red Light...
- See All I stay private while visiting...
- See All La Margarita, caribbean...
- See All Check out the official...
LittleWonder's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 21 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 81 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
- Posted in Travel Oahu Forum "RE: Accomodations"
- Wrote a Review You should see the Red Light... about Red Light District - De Wallen in Amsterdam Things to Do
- created a Amsterdam Travel Page "Amsterdam, a true melting pot"
- Uploaded a Photo to "You should see the Red Light..."
- Commented on one of Nantosvelta's Amsterdam travel pages
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Bergen Intro, 28 reviews, 20 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 21 reviews, 10 photos
- Norway Intro, 18 reviews, 11 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 18 reviews, 6 photos
- Torino Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Oslo Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 4 photos
- Thailand Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (27)
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 144 Reviews, 163 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 241 Reviews, 252 Photos
- Sex Museum- 49 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 192 Reviews, 314 Photos
- Dam Square- 90 Reviews, 165 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 98 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Coffee(Cannabis)shops- 124 Reviews, 134 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 168 Reviews, 178 Photos
- Rijksmuseum- 213 Reviews, 359 Photos
- Flower Market - Bloemenmarkt- 67 Reviews, 104 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do