"San Fransisco" San Francisco by Katie494

San Francisco Travel Guide: 9,369 reviews and 20,254 photos

San Fransisco

Day 1 - We arrived at San Fransisco airport and met our group and the tour guide, Alison. She took us to the bus, which drove us to our Hotel. As soon as I got to the hotel I checked the TV got ABC, so I would be able to watch One Life to Live. I barely remember the first night because I was so tired. I basically went straight to bed and fell asleep almost right away.

Day 2 - I woke up fairly early, probably about 8:30am. I went with my mum to a small cafe a few minutes from where I was stopping. I ordered Bacon and Egg type things and my mum ordered Oatmeal. She asked the Waitress to describe what Oatmeal was and was told it was "just Oatmeal". So mum assumed it was like Bran flakes and ordered it. Once the breakfast arrived we discovered the Oatmeal in our country is actually Porridge - So we all laughed and learned something new. My bacon and egg arrived along with a giant plate of Pancakes with Strawberry's and Whipped cream. I was so stuffed at the end of it all. After breakfast we rushed back to the hotel where we had to meet the rest of the group. We all hopped on the bus for a guide of San Fransisco.

First of all we were dropped off just outside the Golden gate Bridge. Me, Mum and Shirley (friend of mums) walked a little way over the bridge and then had a few photo's taken. In my mind, it was 'just a bridge', nothing really exciting. But it was great to see such a big landmark either way. We got back on the bus and were driven quite a way around town. We drove through Chinatown, which I loved. The shops were so sweet and very differentally designed. We even saw the Mayor of San Fransisco, which was a defenate highlight for the day. I now have the hugest crush on the Mayor.

San Fransisco

After the tour was over, we decided to go on a quick boat trip around Alcatraz Island. That was really interesting. I'm a big fan of Prison Break, so really wanted to see a famous prison like that. At the time, I didn't know people could actually walk on Alcatraz Island, I would of loved that. After the boat trip, Me and Mum went to the Fishermans Wharf area to check out a few shops and also went exploring around Chinatown. I ended up buying a really cute Chinese Style bag for $5 (£2.50), such a bargain.

Later we met up with the tour group and went out for a meal. To be honest the food wasn't that great, but the atmosphere was nice and it was a good idea to get to know everybody properly at the beginning of the trip. I happened to be feeling ill for most of the day and was feeling worse as the day went on. I was really tired and felt dizzy all the time. Whenever I stood in one spot for a certain amount of time, I felt like my feet were sinking into the floor. I nearly stayed at the hotel that night but forced myself to go out anyway. I'm so glad I went too because after the meal, Alison arranged for us to have a cocktail at the Hilton. I soon chirped up a bit when we arrived as I'm a huge fan of Paris Hilton (her grandfather owns the chains). The hotel was stunning. We sat in a room which was fairly high up, so we had amazing views of San Fransisco. I had a cranberry cocktail off the menu but asked not to have Alcohol as I hardly drink. The staff were more than happy to do that. When i got home I went to sleep right away - I was so tired.

Day 3 - I woke up from my second night in San Fransisco and was feeling much better. Me and mum went back to Ihop for breakfast and then caught a bus to Muir Woods. We had another driver who pointed out different things and gave us a history of the Woods. Again a really friendly person who had so much information for us all and was very helpful. Muir Woods is a 550 acre reserve of Redwood, which was really calm and peaceful. Walking around for a few hours was very relaxing. Mum took some photo's and we even caught some Orbs. Just before we were leaving, I went to the gift shop and bought a tree in a pot for dad. He'll have to live 500 years if he want to see it grow fully. The gift shop was really nice and not at all tacky. Its probably the nicest gift shop I've been to.

On the way back to San Fransisco, we stopped off at Sausalito, a small boating town. It was really warm considering it was so close to San Fransisco (which was a bit chilly). I didn't spend a lot of time there, but would love to go back to explore some more - It was so pretty. When we got back to San Fransisco, we made a quick stop to the Supermarket. It was strange to see all the different labeling. We went back to the hotel to collect our bags and met up with the rest of the group. It was time to set off on the bus again.

• In a nutshell:Alive and buzzing
  • Last visit to San Francisco: Nov 2007
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in San Francisco

Have you been to San Francisco?

Latest Activity in San Francisco