"The Sweet County Clare" Top 5 Page for this destination County Clare by donpaul77
County Clare Travel Guide: 715 reviews and 1,917 photos
"My heart tonight is far away across the rolling sea
In the sweet Miltown Malbay, it's there I'd love to be
So long ago and far away but nothing can compare
My heart's tonight in Ireland in the sweet County Clare."
County Clare is my favorite County in Ireland. Clare is special in that it may be a bit more wild than, though equal in beauty to the more popular Kerry. When I'm in East Clare I feel like Ireland has wrapped her arms around me. While East Clare is rich in natural beauty, the West Coast is absolutely striking. From Loop Head, across the Burren and to the Cliffs of Moher, the sights of West Clare will burn themselves into your mind.
Throughout Clare, traditional music is abundant. Many people will say that Clare is the home of Irish music. Who can argue with the County that hosts the Willie Clancy festival and music school???
County Clare is also abundant in off the beaten path discoveries, especially in the east, where there are few tourists creeping around (They're all in Kerry, and at the Cliff of Moher, getting run of the road by tour buses). I'll try to tip you off to a few of these things, but most of them you'll have to find for yourself!
- Pros:Combines the rugged and the lush with the music and the hsitory
The Burren is a beautiful and rugged plateau of exposed limestone that makes up much of north west County Clare. A drive... more travel advice
Flappers restaurant in Tulla, Co. Clare has very nice atmosphere and can be a good environment for a romantic dinner.... more travel advice
donpaul77's Related Pages
County Clare Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Sweet County Clare"
- "The Cliffs of Moher, the Burren & a lot more !"
- "Cliffs of Moher and Burren"
- "Cliffs of Moher, Bunratty Castle and the Burren"
- "The Cliffs of Moher"
- "Co. Clare..The Burren and the Cliffs of Moher"
- "County Clare"
- See All...
- Things to Do in County Clare
- Hotels in County Clare
- Transportation in County Clare
- Nightlife in County Clare
- Restaurants in County Clare
- Shopping in County Clare
- Warnings and Dangers in County Clare
- See All...
Badges & Stats in County Clare
- 37 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to County Clare?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in County Clare
Top 10 Pages
- Ireland Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination County Clare Intro, 37 reviews, 69 photos
- Saint Augustine Intro, 32 reviews, 69 photos
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 49 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 32 photos
- Massachusetts Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- County Kerry Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Germany Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milan Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos