"There's a lot under the surface in Weymouth" Weymouth by donpaul77
Weymouth Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 15 photos
I figure there will be few VTers who have Weymouth on their travel map, but I live here and am going to give it the VT treatment. Perhaps those who live in the area might try out some of these tips, even if just passing through.
Weymouth is a working class city. Here we have professionals that commute into Boston, tradespeople, business owners, and even a few yankee rednecks. In every neighborhood there is at least one house with on old hot rod up on blocks in the driveway.
Weymouth may seem a bit rough around the edges to the casual observer, but there is a lot of history here, and more than a few hidden gems.
The area in which I live was once a holiday resort area, before transportation enabled people to travel further from Boston for vacation. This is the part of Weymouth that has coastline and some small, rugged beaches. The area was actually the second settlement after the better known Plymouth colony. It was a failure because of poor planning and leadership, and they were almost eradicated by the Native American people of the area, and not undeservedly so.
The area is reportedly haunted by the ghost of the Native American, Pecksuot.
The Union Brew House is a small, friendly sports bar with a great beer list. You can be immortalized with a your own... more travel advice
This Weymouth landmark may be a bit "rustic", but they serve some of the best and least expensive lobster you will find... more travel advice
donpaul77's Related Pages
Weymouth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "where I grew up"
- "There's a lot under the surface in Weymouth"
- "Hometown Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Weymouth
- Restaurants in Weymouth
- Warnings and Dangers in Weymouth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Weymouth
- 4 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Weymouth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Weymouth
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: "5 phrases a traveler should..."
- updated a Weymouth Travel Page "There's a lot under the surface in Weymouth"
- Uploaded a Photo to "99 bottles of beer on the wall"
- Wrote a Review Your best bet for Lobster and clam chowder. in Weymouth Restaurants
- Commented on one of shohman's Weymouth travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Ireland Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination County Clare Intro, 37 reviews, 69 photos
- Saint Augustine Intro, 32 reviews, 69 photos
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 49 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 32 photos
- Massachusetts Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- County Kerry Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Germany Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milan Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos