"I'm from Quinzee!" Quincy by donpaul77

Quincy Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 34 photos

Where do I start

Quincy has become a very interesting city. It's known as the Birthplace of John Adams and John Quincy Adams, but most Quincy-ites couldn't care less about that. I know most people won't look at Quincy as a tourist destination, but I think it deserves some attention from me, since I was born and grew up here!

It's a quirky place, so expect some quirky pages.

Quincy is all about Wollaston Beach, the Quincy Quarries, Norfolk Downs and Quincy Center. It's North Quincy, West Quincy, Quincy Point, Hough's Neck, G-Town, Squantum, Merrymount and Montclair. It's really important exactly what part of Quincy you are from ;)

When I was a kid, the Quincy population was mostly Roman Catholic Irish Americans, but now there is a booming ethnic population that has renewed some depressed shopping areas with new business and great restaurants. Now Quincy can be proud of its Sushi, Vietnamese and Indian cuisine

It's no utopia, but I still find myself going over the bridge to take advantage of what Quincy has to offer.

• Pros:Muticultural, rich history
  • Cons:Congested
  • Last visit to Quincy: Jun 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 8, 2008

Comments

donpaul77 Was Born Here!

donpaul77

“"...if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."”

Badges & Stats in Quincy