"Stonington Borough" Stonington by donpaul77
Stonington Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 37 photos
Stonington Borough is a small and peaceful village located about 10 minutes from downtown Mystic and is a good option as a place to stay for those looking for a serene New England experience. Stonington has a long history as native American land, a colonial trading post, a whaling port, and is now a residential area with tourism as it's major trade. The downtown area consists of a few restaurants, a coffee shop, a few boutique shops and galleries, and a church or two. The quiet, tree shaded streets are ideal for riding a bicycle or taking a stroll to the waterfront where there is a small, active fishing fleet. There are several nice B&B's around.
In October, it was a positively idyllic weekend for us. We had easy access to nearby Mystic, parks and attractions, or could hide away the Borough.
Directions From I-95 Southbound take exit 91. At the bottom of the ramp, turn left. Take your fourth left onto North Main Street. Follow that road straight across at the stoplight to the first stop sign. Turn left onto Trumbull Avenue. At the next stop sign, turn right and go over the bridge. At the base of the bridge, curve to the left onto Water Street
- Pros:Quiet, pretty, close to attractions.
donpaul77's Related Pages
Stonington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stonington Borough...history on the Atlantic"
- "Tiny Village Streets"
- "Stonington Borough"
- "Basaic Stonington Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stonington
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Stonington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stonington
Photos in StoningtonSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Ireland Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination County Clare Intro, 37 reviews, 69 photos
- Saint Augustine Intro, 32 reviews, 69 photos
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 49 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 32 photos
- Massachusetts Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- County Kerry Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Germany Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milan Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos