"A pleasant seaside community" Top 5 Page for this destination Whitstable by donpaul77
Whitstable Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 76 photos
In Whitstable, we walked along the shore, where there is a pedestrian walkway, lined with old fishing huts and small sailboats. It was a calm day, foggy and peaceful.
There were many dogs roaming free that had the appearance of beach bums, with salty shaggy fur.
We stopped at a pub called Old Neptune, where we had a couple of pints while sitting outside at a picnic table in the gravelly sand. The Old Neptune was featured in a Peter O'Toole movie called 'Venus'.
The Old Neptune is a cool pub that is right on the beach in Whitstable. There are benches on the gravelly beach outback,... more travel advice
donpaul77's Related Pages
Whitstable Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oysters, sailing boats and times gone by."
- "Whitstable - by the sea in Kent"
- "Oyster Town"
- "A pleasant seaside community"
- "Whitstable - Two Sundays a Year?"
- "Clapboard and seafood..."
- "Weekend birthday in Whitstable"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Whitstable
- Hotels in Whitstable
- Transportation in Whitstable
- Nightlife in Whitstable
- Restaurants in Whitstable
- Shopping in Whitstable
- Warnings and Dangers in Whitstable
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Whitstable
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Whitstable?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Whitstable
Top 10 Pages
- Ireland Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination County Clare Intro, 37 reviews, 69 photos
- Saint Augustine Intro, 32 reviews, 69 photos
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 49 photos
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 32 photos
- Massachusetts Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- County Kerry Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Germany Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milan Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos