"LA PAZ, Capital of BAJA CALIFORNIA SUR" Top 5 Page for this destination La Paz by ViajesdelMundo
La Paz Travel Guide: 94 reviews and 213 photos
La Paz city life revolves around the town's coastal promenade that lines Paseo Álvaro Obregón. Much of the city's dining and nightlife is here. The promenade stretches for several kilometers past sandy beaches. Strollers, vendors, fisherman, and the city's friendly residents make the malecón a lively spot for people watching and taking in the beautiful sunset over the bay.
The seaside Parque de la Amistad (Park of Friendship) with benches and a two story kiosk, faces one of the several piers that extend into Bahía de La Paz.
We live about 1-1/2 hours drive south of La Paz, and as often happens, I have just taken it for granted as far as logging it onto my VT pages. Since I spent the weekend there to attend a baby shower for a friend's daughter, I went around to a few places for info and photos.
Even though it is currently not the tourist season, the city was quite bustling Saturday evening, with lots of events and of course cruising up and down the MALECON! Seemed very festive! Lots of businesses were renovating in preparation for the return of the Gringos.
A good website to get a quick overview of the things to do (snorkling, diving, trips to nearby island, fishing, nearby towns, etc.) is MEXONLINE: http://www.mexonline.com/baja/lapaz-activities.htm
- Pros:A GOOD SIZED TOWN
- Cons:Hot in Summer
- In a nutshell:PLEASANT, LOTS TO DO
This is a very unique, comfortable, open restaurant fronting right on the bay at La Paz on the northern end of town as... more travel advice
While in La Paz this weekend, I had the afternoon to myself, so walked around and looked at a couple hotels and... more travel advice
ViajesdelMundo's Related Pages
La Paz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LA PAZ, Capital of BAJA CALIFORNIA SUR"
- "diver-x's Baja Page"
- "Baja California Sur's capital"
- "La Paz"
- "La Paz on the Beautiful Sea of Cortez"
- "La Paz."
- "La Paz - Shopping Spree"
- See All...
- Things to Do in La Paz
- Hotels in La Paz
- Transportation in La Paz
- Restaurants in La Paz
- Shopping in La Paz
- Warnings and Dangers in La Paz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Paz
- 8 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to La Paz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Paz
- Posted in Travel Cabo San Lucas Forum "Re: transpo from airport"
- Commented on one of ViajesdelMundo's La Paz tips
- Wrote a Review FAMILY AMBIENCE and Rooms for Rent! in La Paz Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "FAMILY AMBIENCE and Rooms for Rent!"
- updated a La Paz Travel Page "LA PAZ, Capital of BAJA CALIFORNIA SUR"
Top 10 Pages
- Los Barriles Intro, 38 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Le Puy-en-Velay Intro, 8 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Oaxaca Intro, 10 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fos Intro, 4 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos
- Kandy Intro, 4 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cornwall Intro, 4 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Paz Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Amman Intro, 4 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues