"LORETO" Top 5 Page for this destination Loreto by ViajesdelMundo
Loreto Travel Guide: 163 reviews and 379 photos
LORETO is one of the many stops we make when driving up or down the Baja California peninsula between our home and the border at San Diego.
It is believed to be the oldest Puebla on the Baja California peninsula and home to the oldest standing Mission in the network stretching up into northern California in the USA.
This photo of the FONATUR logo is at the entrance to the new area of Nopolo, slightly south of Loreto, where for the past several years there is new development/condos, etc. for retiring Gringos. But much of the construction is now stopped due to the economy downturn.
Loreto proper is still mostly a Mexican community, but with many new restaurants and hotels. VT member, Agraichen, has quite a few reviews on his Loreto page, as they have built a home for the winter in Nopolo. We happened to coincide on my last sojourn up the peninsula, with them being 'in residence', so got to have a nice visit and dinner together. We did't have much choice where to go out to eat, as due to the excrutiating HEAT, we had to choose one that was air-conditioned and settled on DOMINGO's.
There is much to do in the area additional to the the deep-sea fishing, such as kayaking, snorkling, whale watching, bicycling, visit the old Spanish Colonial Mission San Javier, cave painting excursion, hiking and horseback riding.
- Pros:GREAT FISHING
- Cons:TOO HOT IN SUMMER
- In a nutshell:Good Place for a Respite
Decorated in brightly-coloured Mexican style, this restaurant is right on the Malecon, which affords a lovely view to... more travel advice
Domingo's used to be known as 'EL NIDO's', until the two friends/owners had a falling out and split up. But it retained... more travel advice
ViajesdelMundo's Related Pages
Loreto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hidden Paradise"
- "California's historycal capital"
- "Loreto, Baja California Sur"
- "We're here....now what?"
- "The emergence of Loreto, Baja Mexico"
- "Possibly the most beautiful town in Baja Sur"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Loreto
- Hotels in Loreto
- Transportation in Loreto
- Nightlife in Loreto
- Restaurants in Loreto
- Shopping in Loreto
- Warnings and Dangers in Loreto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Loreto
- 5 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Loreto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Loreto
- Posted in Travel Nuevo Laredo Forum "Re: Passport Stamped"
- updated a Loreto Travel Page "LORETO"
- Commented on one of rmjiv's Loreto tips
- Wrote a Review Perfect Location, FANTASTIC Food & ART Gallery about Islas in Loreto Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Perfect Location, FANTASTIC Food & ART Gallery"
Top 10 Pages
- Los Barriles Intro, 38 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Le Puy-en-Velay Intro, 8 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Oaxaca Intro, 10 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fos Intro, 4 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos
- Kandy Intro, 4 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cornwall Intro, 4 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Paz Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Amman Intro, 4 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues