"WEEKEND HAVEN FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA" Top 5 Page for this destination Rosarito by ViajesdelMundo
Rosarito Travel Guide: 144 reviews and 388 photos
We have owned a small casa in Rosarito since the early '80s when we lived in San Diego and could come down in the evenings for dinner, for weekends frequently and often for a week in the summer.
Obviously we have seen a lot of growth, as well as many changes in the atmosphere, sometimes when the Governments of the US and Mexico are having difficulties, it is reflected in the amount of visitors as well as the attitude of the locals.
Since we hve lived full-time in Baja SUR for almost 15 years now, we usually just come up to do maintenance, errands, visit San Diego, and sometimes get a respite from the hurricane season in the months of Aug/Sep.
Basically, it is a comfortable town to visit, with many many places to shop, eat and stay; but these days of the downturn in the economy, a lot of smaller shops of course have closed.
This trip, I finally got to meet VTer, JULIOGG/Julio, over a nice brunch in Rosarito, along with some people from Dublin who had made a query on the VT Travel Forum at the early part of the year, and came to Mexico to adopt a baby (seems there is a lot of that right now....). Both Julio and I had answered their queries.
Julio said that I am the first one he has met from VT!
- Pros:Great Local Getaway
- Cons:Sometimes Long Delays Crossing the US Border
- In a nutshell:Good Place Close to US Border with Lots to Do
First tried this one when it opened a afew years ago and went back today to find it still as good! The decor makes you... more travel advice
We haven't actually stayed here, since we own a casa just up the road, but I have looked at the rooms and when in town... more travel advice
ViajesdelMundo's Related Pages
Rosarito Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ROSARITO BEACH, MEXICO"
- "Rosarito Beach and a Little Beyond!"
- "Nice Beach Minutes away from TJ"
- "WEEKEND HAVEN FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA"
- "Pink_Pash's Rosarito Fun"
- "Rosarito- On a Sober Day"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rosarito
- Hotels in Rosarito
- Transportation in Rosarito
- Nightlife in Rosarito
- Restaurants in Rosarito
- Shopping in Rosarito
- Warnings and Dangers in Rosarito
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Rosarito
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Rosarito?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rosarito
- Posted in Travel Sri Lanka Forum "Re: 15 days in Sri Lanka in..."
- Commented on one of ViajesdelMundo's Rosarito travel pages
- updated a Rosarito Travel Page "WEEKEND HAVEN FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA"
- Uploaded a Photo to "WEEKEND HAVEN FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA"
- Wrote a Review Best Mexian Food in Town! in Rosarito Restaurants
Top 10 Pages
- Los Barriles Intro, 38 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Le Puy-en-Velay Intro, 8 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Oaxaca Intro, 10 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fos Intro, 4 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 4 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Paz Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Amman Intro, 4 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beaune Intro, 3 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues