"SAN JOSE' del CABO" Top 5 Page for this destination San José del Cabo by ViajesdelMundo

San José del Cabo Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 130 photos

CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS

Since we live just about an hour's drive north, we frequently come to San Jose' and sometimes stay overnight, as it is dangerous to drive back in the dark, being there are no lights on the road and the vacas (cows) often like to stand near or in the road and are very difficult to see.

When our friends from Heidelberg came to visit us at Christmas 2008, and their arrival at the airport was late, we again stayed at the Tropicana Inn (see tip).

The Square has also been remodeled, with a fountain and the top of the street closed off to vehicular traffic since we were last in town, so it was new to us, as well as not having been here at night during Christmas to see all their lights and decorations.

There are a lot of fine restaurants in San Jose' as well as many wonderful shops for local art objects as well as souvenir shops. The beaches are good and there are several good golf courses and if in season, whale-watching tours can be organized AND of course, always, the first-class FISHING.

• Pros:Some nice Mexican Atmosphere--not like CABO
  • Cons:Being built up and redone more for tourists
  • Last visit to San José del Cabo: Feb 2012
  • Intro Updated Feb 18, 2012

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2013 at 11:45 AM

It is a while since I was here...nice to revisit

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I love the look of the Tropicana Inn, that one would be my choice!
    Love your photos!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2010 at 7:49 PM

What a charming place. Everything has such color and character. I enjoyed your page!

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Okay, I'm missing out by only going to Cabo when San Jose seems more my style. ;-)

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Good tip...you will be No1 one day

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Yes - really charming - not like Cabo! If you find Italian food here - why can't I find good Mexican food in Rome? :( LOL

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2009 at 7:46 PM

The look of SAN JOSE' del CABO is the type of place I always wanted to visit. Peace and quiet. The Christmas decor in this small town is unique and beautiful.

ViajesdelMundo Visits Here Frequently!

ViajesdelMundo

“Psalm 27:1”

Badges & Stats in San José del Cabo

Have you been to San José del Cabo?