"PORCELANIUM SECRETS & WONDERS" Herend by ViajesdelMundo
Herend Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 5 photos
A visit to the Porcelain Factory is included on various day trips either from Budapest or the Balaton Lake Region (which is where we started).
Founded in 1826, the Herend factory has a capacity of producing more than 16,000 various forms, around 4,000 patterns and their free variations. This, theoretically, is the equivalent of 64 million various products.
From Queen Victoria to Princess Diana, Popes, Emperor Akihito of Japan to Arnold Schwarzenegger have purchased the timeless, high quality Herend porcelain.
First a short film is shown to guests about the history, then they proceed to the Mini Manufactory, where you can actually experience seeing a piece come together at the hands of the artisans!
Afterwards, of course, there is plenty of time to peruse the large sales rooms, either just feasting your eyes, or to make purchases. There are several small items which are inexpensive and make wonderful gifts to take home. (I sure did!)
ViajesdelMundo's Related Pages
Herend Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PORCELANIUM SECRETS & WONDERS"
- "The town of Herend porcelain"
- "world-famous town of Porcelain"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Herend
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Herend?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Herend
Top 10 Pages
- Los Barriles Intro, 38 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Le Puy-en-Velay Intro, 8 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Oaxaca Intro, 10 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fos Intro, 4 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 4 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Paz Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Amman Intro, 4 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beaune Intro, 3 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues