"FOS - Last Village before Pyrenees, Spain" Fos by ViajesdelMundo
Fos Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 48 photos
You can see the name and phone number of the Hotel about which I have written a Tip, at the very top of this billboard listing all the important places in the town.
Fos is at the northern end of the Val d’Aran which, in turn, is located at the western end of the Catalan Pyrenees, north-west of the territory of Catalonia. The people of the Val d’Aran have their own language, Aranese, a variant of Gascon, one of the Occitan family of languages.
I copied this paragraph from the website of the Hotel/Restaurant La GENTILHOMMIERE, which is in my tips. We were driving through the little town on our way to our timeshare exchange in the Spanish Pyrenees and needed some lunch. As I mention in the restaurant tip, it was past the luncheon timeframe, but the owners very graciously accommodated us and we had a wonderful Portugese Chicken dish by their new chef!
We came back again later in the week for another lunch, which happened to be on 8th May, the day the French celebrate the end of WWII, and one of their friends, Jean-Claude, toasted us, being Americans, for helping to win the war.
Fos, itself, is a very beautiful, quaint little town and the river runs through it. We took a walk along the upper hills, which is when I took all the photos in the Travelogues.
It could well be a delightful stop in the region, as there are many good areas for biking, hiking, etc., and again, the La GENTILHOMMIERE is a find!
This tiny village in the approach to the Pyrenees is a fabulous place for a short stop and some walking or hiking up... more travel advice
They have a separate bar area from the restaurant. We first arrived on our way to our timeshare in the Pyrenees, about... more travel advice
ViajesdelMundo's Related Pages
Fos Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Fos
- 4 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Fos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fos
Top 10 Pages
- Los Barriles Intro, 38 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Le Puy-en-Velay Intro, 8 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Oaxaca Intro, 10 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fos Intro, 4 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 4 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Paz Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Amman Intro, 4 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beaune Intro, 3 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues