"MILLAU GORGE BRIDGE" Millau by ViajesdelMundo
Millau Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 122 photos
We did not actually go to Millau, because this stupendous bridge now crosses the gorge where the town lies. We were on our way to Carcassonne from Le Puy en Velay.
The Millau Bridge crosses the River Tarn in the Massif Central mountains. It was designed by the British architect Lord Foster and at 300m (984 feet) it is the highest road bridge in the world, weighing 36,000 tonnes. The central pillar is higher than the famous French icon, the Eiffel Tower. The Bridge opened in December 2004 and is possibly one of the most breath taking bridges ever built.
See more photos in the Travelogue below.
ViajesdelMundo's Related Pages
Millau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Millau, Jose Bove and the viaduct"
- "Millau : the glove capital"
- "Beautiful View"
- "Enjoying views from great heights"
- "The Most Beautiful Viaduc I've seen..."
- "Millau, to the foot of the Larzac,"
- "Millau: Le Viaduct de Millau"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Millau
- 0 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Millau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Millau
Photos in MillauSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Los Barriles Intro, 38 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Le Puy-en-Velay Intro, 8 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Oaxaca Intro, 10 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fos Intro, 4 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 4 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Paz Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Amman Intro, 4 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beaune Intro, 3 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues