"COLOMBO" Colombo by ViajesdelMundo
Colombo Travel Guide: 506 reviews and 1,412 photos
UPDATE: 09Jan2014, Congratulations to Sri Lanka on Peaceful National Elections yesterday!!
Job Vacancy: Payment in any currency. Needed, a new Astrologer for MR
Most tourists don't spend much time in the capital, but there are pockets of lovely places of course, although it is more and more like other big bustling cities. The villages, beaches, ancient cities, mountains and countryside are still unique and lovely.
Since the end of the 'civil war' in 2009, the country is relaxing; the difference to me was quite obvious and most enjoyable in Colombo, where the people are in the shops, new restaurants, and the roads are being repaired, etc.!!
The GALLE FACE GREEN teems with the local people on the weekends and evenings, and there are a lot of vendors with yummy local foods and drink and nicknacks for the kids.
See a couple other tips on my 'Sri Lanka' page.
I was taken here by a couple of my local girlfriends for a casual evening meal and found the place to be absolutely... more travel advice
While visiting some Christian friends nearby Colombo, they took me to this large area where many of the major Buddhist... more travel advice
ViajesdelMundo's Related Pages
Colombo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Colombo, my favourite city in the Country"
- "A capital city in every sense."
- "An Indian Ocean Melting Pot"
- "Colombo the city where i live"
- "Colombo - the Main city of Sri Lanka"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Colombo
- Hotels in Colombo
- Transportation in Colombo
- Nightlife in Colombo
- Restaurants in Colombo
- Shopping in Colombo
- Warnings and Dangers in Colombo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Colombo
- 8 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 39 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Colombo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Colombo
Photos in ColomboSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Los Barriles Intro, 38 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Le Puy-en-Velay Intro, 8 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Oaxaca Intro, 10 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fos Intro, 4 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos
- Kandy Intro, 4 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cornwall Intro, 4 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Paz Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Amman Intro, 4 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues