"PERAHERA, POYA, DAY PARADE!!!" Kandy by ViajesdelMundo
Kandy Travel Guide: 303 reviews and 715 photos
I will post a few photos of the DAY PARADE, as I have an album on my front page with photos of the PERAHERA at night.
Even with security risks, the Perahera went off smoothly and everyone does a MOST remarkable job!!
Always a delight, if time permits, to spend a couple hours or more walking through the gardens and enjoying the monkeys as well as the flowers.
See the Travelogue below for lots of photos of monkeys with their newborns!
- Pros:A WONDERFUL SMALLish ANCIENT TOWN in the HILLS
- Cons:Not too many good restaurants
- In a nutshell:THE SEAT OF THE KANDYAN KINGS and BUDDHIST CULTURE
One of the best Botanical Gardens in Asia; well-known for its ORCHID HOUSE and Avenue of Palms, and has a rich, long... more travel advice
I have stayed here twice and thoroughly enjoyed both times. The rooms are very reasonably priced and comfortable with... more travel advice
Written Jun 12, 2009
KANDY PERAHERA 'DAY' PARADE 2008
Written Jul 9, 2010
MONKEYS of PERADENIYA
ViajesdelMundo's Related Pages
Kandy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE CITY OF KANDY."
- "hell is a piece of earth"
- "Kandy - Last of the Sinhalese Kingdom"
- "Green hills and orange skies"
- "Kandy, Capital of the Hill Country"
- "Capital of Hill Country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kandy
- Hotels in Kandy
- Transportation in Kandy
- Nightlife in Kandy
- Restaurants in Kandy
- Shopping in Kandy
- Warnings and Dangers in Kandy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kandy
- 4 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Kandy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kandy
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Any Other GOOD Stories..."
- Commented on one of DSwede's Kandy travel pages
- updated a Kandy Travelogue "MONKEYS of PERADENIYA"
- Uploaded a Photo to "MONKEYS of PERADENIYA"
- Wrote a Review PERADENIYA ROYAL BOTANIC GARDENS in Kandy Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Kandy
Photos in KandySee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Los Barriles Intro, 38 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Le Puy-en-Velay Intro, 8 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Oaxaca Intro, 10 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fos Intro, 4 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 4 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Paz Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Amman Intro, 4 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beaune Intro, 3 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues