"Pulau Mabul (Mabul Island)" Pulau Mabul by vinceckw
Pulau Mabul Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 71 photos
Arrive: 25 Sep 2014 - Depart: 29 Sep 2014 (Xiyen, Brad, Edison, VC)
Arrive: 30 Aug 2013 - Depart: 03 Sep 2013 (Willy, Lonris, Brad, VC)
Arrive: 11 Feb 2012 - Depart: 14 Feb 2012 (Brad, VC)
Mabul Island is reputed to be one of the best places for underwater macro-photography in the world. Located in the clear waters of the Celebes Sea off the mainland of Sabah, it is surrounded by gentle sloping reefs two to 40m deep.
Covering some 21 ha., it is considerably larger than the nearby Sipadan Island and is home to the Bajau Laut tribe, one of many ethnic groups in Sabah.
Diving is the main activity on this island, and it can be done all year round. Marine life that can be seen here includes sea horses, exotic starfish, fire gobies, crocodile fish, pipefish and snake eels. There are over eight popular dive spots, each with its own speciality.
vinceckw's Related Pages
Pulau Mabul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pulau Mabul - perfect island and perfect diving"
- "Mabul island underwaterworld 1"
- "Pulau Mabul"
- "Pulau Mabul (Mabul Island)"
- "Sipadan, Mabul & Kapalai Islands, Borneo, Malaysia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Mabul
- Hotels in Pulau Mabul
- Transportation in Pulau Mabul
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Mabul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Mabul
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Pulau Mabul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Mabul
Photos in Pulau MabulSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Solo Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Bandung Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Dalian Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Xiamen Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Mandalay Intro, 3 photos
- Rantepao Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Pulau Mabul Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
No friends yet.