Eppingen Transportation Tips by Kathrin_E
Eppingen Transportation: 2 reviews and 3 photos
S 4 in Eppingen station
Eppingen is located on the tram respective S-Bahn line S 4 from Karlsruhe station and city centre via Bretten to Heilbronn. Eppingen is the last stop within the KVV network, the rest of the line further north belongs to the VRN network. So check which tickets you need, depending on direction and destination. Trams run at least twice per hour in the daytime.
Having a closer look at the timetable is recommended. There are different types of trams. The normal S4 stops everywhere. Those marked "Eilzug" (express) stop only at the major stops, hence they are faster. Every two hours there is also a "Kraichgau Sprinter" which is the fastest but stops only in Bretten, Durlach station and Karlsruhe central station; unlike the first two it does NOT go through the city centre of Karlsruhe.
KVV timetable information (in German only)
VRN website (click the flag for your preferred language)
From Eppingen station it is a few minutes walk into the centre. You see the old town and its 'skyline' from the station, to miss it you'd have to try very hard;-) The most interesting walk is through the park and over the small wooden bridge, then along Fachwerkpfad with the models and explanations about timberframe architecture (see Things to do tips).
More Reviews (19)
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Eppingen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Eppingen - A Timberframe Tutorial"
- "A Wombat in Eppingen"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ko Khai Hotels
- Lac-Meech Hotels
- Ash Shariqah
- Appledore Island Hotels
- Les Sables-d'Olonne
- Quito Hotels
Badges & Stats in Eppingen
- 20 Reviews
- 101 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (90)
Have you been to Eppingen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eppingen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 119 reviews, 432 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 78 reviews, 294 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 47 reviews, 241 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wismar Intro, 39 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 4 travelogues