"Forbach in the Murg Valley" Forbach by Kathrin_E
Forbach Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 104 photos
I somehow fell in love with this little place today. Forbach is located in the upper, narrow part of the Murg valley among steep hills. The village occupies the slopes and terraces in a bend of the river. The catholic church is a prominent landmark. Views of the village are always landscape views: the river, the mountains, forests and meadows form an almost theatrical setting.
Forbach is another of those hidden locations hardly anyone has ever heard of. The name appears on the displays of certain KVV trams on the lines S 41 and S 31 because they end here, but that is about the only occasion it is ever mentioned.
Which is a pity, in fact. When I read about the wooden bridge I thought I should have a look at the place. This was a summer evening well spent.
And when I had a guest to show round a bit of the Black Forest on a sunny spring day, I picked the Murgtal line once more and started with a walk round Forbach again.
As I learned from the theme path along the river, the landscape around Forbach looked different some decades ago. There... more travel advice
Another detail to look for in the streets are the religious monuments. Forbach is a catholic village. Crucifixes and... more travel advice
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Forbach Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Forbach
- 12 Reviews
- 75 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Forbach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Forbach
Photos in ForbachSee All Photos (75)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 119 reviews, 428 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 78 reviews, 294 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 47 reviews, 241 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wismar Intro, 39 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 4 travelogues