"Forbach in the Murg Valley" Forbach by Kathrin_E

Forbach Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 104 photos

I somehow fell in love with this little place today. Forbach is located in the upper, narrow part of the Murg valley among steep hills. The village occupies the slopes and terraces in a bend of the river. The catholic church is a prominent landmark. Views of the village are always landscape views: the river, the mountains, forests and meadows form an almost theatrical setting.

Forbach is another of those hidden locations hardly anyone has ever heard of. The name appears on the displays of certain KVV trams on the lines S 41 and S 31 because they end here, but that is about the only occasion it is ever mentioned.

Which is a pity, in fact. When I read about the wooden bridge I thought I should have a look at the place. This was a summer evening well spent.

And when I had a guest to show round a bit of the Black Forest on a sunny spring day, I picked the Murgtal line once more and started with a walk round Forbach again.

The village centre has many narrow streets and lanes and small squares, ups and downs, lots of well-kept old houses. This is one of many street views. Sidewalks only exist along the main streets, though, so watch out for traffic when walking the lanes.

• Last visit to Forbach: Jul 2011
  • Intro Updated Mar 30, 2014

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2011 at 12:42 PM

I feel I know this lovely little place, I think we visited it some years ago.

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2011 at 3:28 AM

Picturesque village, indeed! The slopes don't appear too steep to me ... at least after just returning from the Swiss mountains :-)

Kathrin_E

“Life is too short to drink bad wine.”

Badges & Stats in Forbach

Have you been to Forbach?

Latest Activity in Forbach