"Greetsiel" Greetsiel by Kathrin_E
Greetsiel Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 71 photos
Ostfriesland's best-known, and probably prettiest, fishermen's village is Greetsiel. The old centre with its brick houses has an almost Dutch flair. The picturesque port is still used by the shrimper's boats, and the small shrimps from the North Sea are sort of a 'national' food here.
Greetsiel has become a popular holiday and day-trip destination. On weekends it can be quite busy, but like the whole of Ostfriesland it is not too overrun and can be enjoyed thoroughly. Having something fishy for lunch is sort of a 'must' - if the weather allows, in one of the outdoor restaurants along the canal and port. Or stop in a cafe for an East Frisian tea.
Greetsiel's brick church dates back to around 1400. Above the entrance you find the coat of arms of count Eduard... more travel advice
Walking along the dike, one can discover picturesque spots like this cute little house that, so it seems, ducks behind... more travel advice
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Greetsiel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Greetsiel up north !"
- "Moin Moin in Greetsiel"
- "Greetsiel by the North Sea"
- "North Sea: Norddeich, Bensersiel, Greetsiel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Greetsiel
- Hotels in Greetsiel
- Transportation in Greetsiel
- Nightlife in Greetsiel
- Restaurants in Greetsiel
- Shopping in Greetsiel
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Greetsiel
- 8 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (90)
Have you been to Greetsiel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Greetsiel
Photos in GreetsielSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 119 reviews, 432 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 78 reviews, 294 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 47 reviews, 241 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wismar Intro, 39 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 4 travelogues