"Place for Historians, Doctors, Car and Beer Lovers" Ingolstadt by Kathrin_E
Ingolstadt Travel Guide: 132 reviews and 434 photos
Ingolstadt is hardly ever on a tourist's schedule (unless they are beer pilgrims, car freaks, or medical people, or specialized historians) but the city has far more to offer than you'll think, and than I had thought prior to coming here.
Ingolstadt is 1200 years old, it was the residence of the Dukes of Bavaria in the late middle ages, then the seat of a renowned university, the birthplace of the Reinheitsgebot for beer... The city got through World War II remarkably well, the baroque old town is surprisingly well preserved.
For specialists in military architecture, Ingolstadt is a textbook about fortresses, beginning with the New Castle and the medieval town wall, the renaissance ramparts and bulwarks, and finally the 19th century fortress.
The historical museum is located in Kavalier Hepp, a gate building of the 19th century fortress. The permanent... more travel advice
The church treasures of the Münster parish are on display in the treasure chamber, which is located inside the southern... more travel advice
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Ingolstadt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "at last..."
- "Visiting Ingolstadt"
- "Great city with streets to Enjoy"
- "Ingolstadt - My hometown"
- "Ingolstadt, near Munich..."
- "Schöne Ingolstadt"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ingolstadt
- Hotels in Ingolstadt
- Transportation in Ingolstadt
- Nightlife in Ingolstadt
- Restaurants in Ingolstadt
- Shopping in Ingolstadt
- Warnings and Dangers in Ingolstadt
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ingolstadt
- 18 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (80)
Have you been to Ingolstadt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ingolstadt
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 118 reviews, 422 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 78 reviews, 294 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wismar Intro, 39 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 37 reviews, 190 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Münster Intro, 37 reviews, 188 photos, 9 travelogues