"Karlsruhe" Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe by Kathrin_E
Karlsruhe Travel Guide: 901 reviews and 4,143 photos
The approaching Euromeet 2008 convinced me to build my own page about Karlsruhe although there are already many others online - I seem to be the 147th VT member who lives here.
Anyway, an art historian's view may be a bit different. My favourite section are the "Off the Beaten Path Tips". I'd like to show you a number of lesser known attractions, hidden spots and some little but particular things to discover. Since I'm a photography addict I keep carrying my camera with me when I go for a walk and take pictures to share with you. The intro photo here is changed regularly whenever I have a new special picture.
I guess this page will never be finished. It will continue to grow whenever I have new pictures at hand. It's a scrapbook-like collection, and you are invited to explore both my pages and our city!
To make my scrapbook easier to navigate, I'm adding some "OVERVIEW" lists to the General Tips section, which contain summarizing lists of the museums in Karlsruhe, the major sights, the parks, sculptures, churches and other topics. If there is a tip about an individual entry, the whereabouts of the tip are stated in the list.
I stole the idea of the overview tips from german_eagle's Dresden page, who stole it from someone else...
Being less than 300 years old, Karlsruhe is lacking that certain old town atmosphere which people associate with Romantic Germany. It exists, however, in the much older suburb of Durlach East of the city. Getting there takes 10 minutes by tram and is a worthwhile half-day trip.
My tips about this suburb are all in the "Things to do" section, marked "DURLACH" in the title.
The Flying Santa has been a new addition to Karlsruhe's Christmas market since the move to Friedrichsplatz in 2013.... more travel advice
Grötzingen's annual festival is more than the usual ones which foreign tourists tend to call "ber fests". Grötzingen has... more travel advice
- See All DURLACH: Walk with a View in the...
- See All Birthplace of Carl Benz, and His Car...
- Karlsruhe's Carnival Parades
- See All Paradise Bird On Rails: The Rizzi Tram
- See All DURLACH: CAFES: Cosy Café-Bar-Lounge
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Karlsruhe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karlsruhe - the cradle of VirtualTourist"
- "EASY TO GET HERE, EASY TO SEE & A VT EUROMEET !!!"
- "Karlsruhe - under construction until 2019....."
- "VirtualTourist meetings in Karlsruhe"
- "Karlsruhe, a city with many attractions"
- "Euromeet 2008: a Friday in Speyer"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karlsruhe
- Hotels in Karlsruhe
- Transportation in Karlsruhe
- Nightlife in Karlsruhe
- Restaurants in Karlsruhe
- Shopping in Karlsruhe
- Warnings and Dangers in Karlsruhe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karlsruhe
- 120 Reviews
- 431 Photos
- 45 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (89)
Have you been to Karlsruhe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karlsruhe
- Posted in Travel Europe Forum "Re: Can I take online classes and..."
- Wrote a Review Flying Santa in Karlsruhe Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Flying Santa"
- updated a Karlsruhe Travelogue "Glühwein Meeting 2013 (Part 1)"
- Commented on one of Kathrin_E's Karlsruhe travel pages
- Commented on the A&O Karlsruhe Hauptbahnhof , Karlsruhe travel guide
- Uploaded a Video to Karlsruhe
Photos in KarlsruheSee All Photos (431)
Videos in KarlsruheSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Wroclaw Intro, 98 reviews, 516 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 120 reviews, 431 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 78 reviews, 294 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 47 reviews, 241 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Münster Intro, 41 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues