"Konstanz - Old Town Surprise" Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz by Kathrin_E
Konstanz Travel Guide: 268 reviews and 928 photos
Everyone is talking about Meersburg but unfortunately many Bodensee visitors miss Konstanz. The old town in Konstanz is an overlooked gem. It can, in its quality and state of preservation, be compared to the towns in lucky Switzerland which have seen neither war nor destruction for 200 years.
There are an amazing number of houses with authentic medieval origins. Entire streets, entire quarters are preserved in their historical appearance. There are a few modern architectural ?sins? but they do not seriously disturb the picture.
Konstanz is an excellent base to explore the lake region if you are dependent on public transport. Local trains run all around the lakes. Boat cruises take you also to those places along the lakes that do not have train stations.
Some tips on day trip options are to appear in the "Off the beaten path" tip section while all tips on Konstanz itself are in the "Things to do" section.
Fastnacht fans and supporters of the ideas of the French Revolution founded the Jacobins Club in Konstanz more than 40... more travel advice
On Dec 23, 2011 the old town of Konstanz saw a fire that left a deep shock and a deep scar. Three medieval houses in the... more travel advice
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Konstanz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Konstanz - Old Town Surprise"
- "Konstanz - beautiful setting and charming old town"
- "THE WONDERFUL MEDIEVAL OLD TOWN OF KONSTANZ"
- "KONSTANZ (Constance)"
- "Welcome to my hometown Konstanz"
- "Konstanz & Bodensee"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Konstanz
- Hotels in Konstanz
- Transportation in Konstanz
- Nightlife in Konstanz
- Restaurants in Konstanz
- Shopping in Konstanz
- Warnings and Dangers in Konstanz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Konstanz
- 47 Reviews
- 240 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Konstanz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Konstanz
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: What does your neighborhood..."
- updated a Konstanz Travel Page "Konstanz - Old Town Surprise"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fastnacht Parade (6)"
- Wrote a Review Fastnacht: Jakobiner Club and their Tribunal in Konstanz Local Customs
- Uploaded a Video to Konstanz
- Commented on one of german_eagle's Konstanz travel pages
Photos in KonstanzSee All Photos (240)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wroclaw Intro, 100 reviews, 526 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 120 reviews, 432 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 79 reviews, 303 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 48 reviews, 250 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Münster Intro, 46 reviews, 246 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Schwetzingen Intro, 39 reviews, 214 photos, 10 travelogues