"Germany" Germany by Kathrin_E
Germany Travel Guide: 57,222 reviews and 168,425 photos
Summing up "Germany" in one page is hard to do. There are so many different things, landscapes and places to see - from the North Sea tidelands to the Bavarian Alps, from the romantic Rhine and Mosel valleys to the treasures of Saxony, from the dark hills of the Black Forest to the white chalk cliffs of Rügen.
This page is supposed to contain (patience please) some general tips on the country, its customs, public transportation and similar.
NEW - The circle is finally completed: The "Local customs" section explains holidays, traditions, customs and events throughout the year. Please click "Member's Choice" to view them in chronological order.
For individual locations, please check out my location pages.
... I'm only listing those that look 'finished' to me and can be considered 'done', at least for now, but not my countless construction sites. Locations are in alphabetical order.
Annweiler am Trifels
Neustadt an der Weinstraße
Oberndorf am Neckar
Weil am Rhein
Zell am Harmersbach
Decorating the fountains for Easter is a custom that is most popular in Franconia. The fountains are decorated with... more travel advice
If there is a day in the calendar that should be a national memorial day, it is November 9. In the 20th century, four... more travel advice
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Germany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where to go and what to see !"
- "Germany - my beautiful home country :-)"
- "Germany on a Budget from an Insider"
- "Breweries, Hikes and Climbs"
- "Paul's Germany Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Germany
- Hotels in Germany
- Transportation in Germany
- Nightlife in Germany
- Restaurants in Germany
- Shopping in Germany
- Warnings and Dangers in Germany
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Germany
- 2,605 Reviews
- 12,022 Photos
- 816 Forum posts
- 139 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (90)
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Germany
- Posted in Travel Hildesheim Forum "Re: Any 'must see' places for a..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "November 11: Martinstag - St Martin's Day"
- updated a Germany Travel Page "Germany"
- Wrote a Review Osterbrunnen - Easter Fountains in Germany Local Customs
- Commented on one of margaretvn's Germany travel pages
Videos in GermanySee All Videos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 119 reviews, 432 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 78 reviews, 294 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 47 reviews, 241 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wismar Intro, 39 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (31)
Top Germany hotels
- Berlin Hotels
- 6983 Reviews - 15645 Photos
- Munich Hotels
- 4322 Reviews - 10033 Photos
- Cologne Hotels
- 1609 Reviews - 4011 Photos
- Düsseldorf Hotels
- 951 Reviews - 2159 Photos
- Hamburg Hotels
- 1466 Reviews - 3484 Photos
- Frankfurt am Main Hotels
- 1733 Reviews - 3744 Photos
- Leipzig Hotels
- 515 Reviews - 1102 Photos
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen Hotels
- 320 Reviews - 1105 Photos
- Nürnberg Hotels
- 932 Reviews - 3138 Photos
- Mainz Hotels
- 323 Reviews - 738 Photos
- Stuttgart Hotels
- 615 Reviews - 1596 Photos
- Hannover Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 2124 Photos
- Trier Hotels
- 580 Reviews - 1449 Photos
- Flensburg Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 59 Photos
- Koblenz Hotels
- 346 Reviews - 821 Photos