Kurort Oberwiesenthal Favorite Tips by Kathrin_E
Kurort Oberwiesenthal Favorites: 2 reviews and 6 photos
Favorite thing: This discount card is of interest to visitors who want to see a lot in the area. This card offers free entry to about 100 attractions all over the Ore Mountains region. Due to the distances between these places you'll only be able to use a fraction of these. Anyway, with some planning it pays.
There are two varieties available: one which is valid for 48 hours (22 € for adults and 11 € for kids 6-14) and one which is valid for any 4 days in 14 (33 € for adults, 16 € for kids 6-14). The latter is really useful for longer stays, as you can select the days when you use it.
Unfortunately the information on the website is only available in German! The card can be ordered in advance through this website but there is no need to bother with that and pay postage - you can just as well buy it on the spot at a tourist information office or at the cash desk of the participating attractions.
Fondest memory: For a day trip to Oberwiesenthal the ErzgebirgsCard is definitely worthwhile. It includes the ride on the narrow gauge railway from Cranzahl to Oberwiesenthal and back (otherwise 12 €), the cable car up Fichtelberg (otherwise 6 €), the chair lift (otherwise 6 € - well you'll prbably use only one of these two), admissionto the viewing tower and museum (otherwise 2 €), a ride with the post carriage through the town (otherwise 6 € - but unfortunately the thing runs only on two or three days per week), one ride on the summer luge (otherwise 3 €)... well, do the maths.
More Reviews (12)
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Kurort Oberwiesenthal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kurort Oberwiesenthal"
- "Mountain Gateway to the Czech Republic and Dresden"
- "The highest point in Eastern Germany"
- "My Kurort Oberwiesenthal"
- "A Brave Wombat in Oberwiesenthal"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kurort Oberwiesenthal
- Hotels in Kurort Oberwiesenthal
- Transportation in Kurort Oberwiesenthal
- Restaurants in Kurort Oberwiesenthal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kurort Oberwiesenthal
- 13 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (155)
Have you been to Kurort Oberwiesenthal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kurort Oberwiesenthal
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Different languages around..."
- Commented on one of german_eagle's Kurort Oberwiesenthal travel pages
- updated a Kurort Oberwiesenthal Travelogue "Zoom Views from Fichtelberg"
- Wrote a Review Ski Jumps In All Sizes in Kurort Oberwiesenthal Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ski Jumps In All Sizes"
Top 10 Pages
- Wroclaw Intro, 98 reviews, 516 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 120 reviews, 432 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 79 reviews, 303 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 47 reviews, 241 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Münster Intro, 41 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues