"Ladenburg" Ladenburg by Kathrin_E
Ladenburg Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 248 photos
In case you visit Heidelberg, stay for another day, do the 15 minute train ride, and see this little gem of an old town which has that so-called "medieval" flair you will not find in Heidelberg.
Ladenburg has not seen any destructions since the 30 Years War. Both the war of 1689 and World War II let the town undamaged and post-war modernism has not caused serious harm either. The old town still has a medieval ground plan with winding lanes. The architecture is a mix of styles from 14th to 21st century.
This place is heaven for everyone who loves romantic old towns and photography.
I visited in June when the roses were in bloom everywhere. Roses of all colours climbing the facades and rose bushes whereever there is a tiny patch of land for a garden.
The history of Ladenburg (Lopodunum) begins in the 5th century B.C. with a celtic settlement. The Romans turned it into... more travel advice
The Chapel of St Sebastian belongs to the Bishop's palace. Its origins date back to the 7th or 8th century. The oldest... more travel advice
- See All Günthersches Waisenhaus - Orphanage
- The Old Town - Photographers' Heaven
- Yummiest Icecream in Town
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Ladenburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A sleepy town with lots of history"
- "The town of the half-timbered houses"
- "Ancient Roman Place"
- "LADENBURG, GERMANY"
- "A Wombat in Ladenburg"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ladenburg
- Transportation in Ladenburg
- Nightlife in Ladenburg
- Restaurants in Ladenburg
- Shopping in Ladenburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Ladenburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ladenburg
- 26 Reviews
- 167 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Ladenburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ladenburg
- Posted in Travel Switzerland Forum "Re: swiss pass and tell pass..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ancient Roman Remains: the Basilica"
- Wrote a Review Ancient Roman Remains: the Basilica in Ladenburg Things to Do
- updated a Ladenburg Travelogue "Elector versus Bishop, or: Cars versus Bikes"
- Commented on one of ViajesdelMundo's Ladenburg travel pages
Photos in LadenburgSee All Photos (167)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 119 reviews, 428 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 78 reviews, 294 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 47 reviews, 241 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wismar Intro, 39 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 4 travelogues