"Ladenburg" Ladenburg by Kathrin_E

Ladenburg Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 248 photos

My Latest Discovery

In case you visit Heidelberg, stay for another day, do the 15 minute train ride, and see this little gem of an old town which has that so-called "medieval" flair you will not find in Heidelberg.

Ladenburg has not seen any destructions since the 30 Years War. Both the war of 1689 and World War II let the town undamaged and post-war modernism has not caused serious harm either. The old town still has a medieval ground plan with winding lanes. The architecture is a mix of styles from 14th to 21st century.

This place is heaven for everyone who loves romantic old towns and photography.

I visited in June when the roses were in bloom everywhere. Roses of all colours climbing the facades and rose bushes whereever there is a tiny patch of land for a garden.

• Last visit to Ladenburg: Jun 2009
  • Intro Updated Jun 17, 2009

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Beautiful photos on beautiful town! The camera wouldn't stop clicking if were here!

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2009 at 3:53 PM

You live in such a wonderful area with the old Medieval look and features of the towns. It is great and your pictures also. My Utah & Arizona pages to desert area in US may interest you for contrast. I invite you to see them.

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2009 at 9:15 AM

what a great page , great tips wonderful photos. Looks like my kind of town. I did enjoy your travelogues.

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Very good photos inded. I'm still dithering betwen Lumix and Canon.

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2009 at 1:44 AM

An amazing town. So picturesque and romantic. And ice-cream ;-) Thanks for sharing!!

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2009 at 5:33 AM

It looks like you had a nice time in one of my favourite towns.

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2009 at 1:17 PM

I so loved this little town! spent a special aftn with my Heidelberg girlfriend there a couple yrs ago. I managed to load a few bits about some special small places we went to on this trip......see my HP for links. I see u r going to Krakow next yrs MEET?

Kathrin_E

“Life is too short to drink bad wine.”

Badges & Stats in Ladenburg

Have you been to Ladenburg?