"Landshut" Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut by Kathrin_E
Landshut Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 398 photos
How come this town is so little known? Landshut has a fantastic old town and is just half an hour from Munich and would hence make an easy and convenient day trip. It hardly ever appears in people's itineraries, though. Maybe we should keep this quiet, in order not to attract the tourist hordes?
I spent a long weekend in Landshut in October 2012 attending the charter celebrations of the new Soroptimist club, of course plus some extra time for sightseeing, then revisited in December for the Christmas markets. I fell in love with the place. The old town with its colourful rows of gables has a special flair. Castle and Residenz, the museums and the churches kept the art historian busy...
... of the Alps. Now this is, from an art historian's point of view, Landshut's top sight. The Residenz in the old town... more travel advice
Hotel Herzog Ludwig is located in the middle of the old town in Neustadt, i.e. within a few minutes walk from about... more travel advice
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Landshut Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Landshut & a historic marriage of 1475 AD"
- "City of Steep History"
- "Historical town of Landshut in Eastern Bavaria"
- "Welcome to Landshut!"
- "A two day visit"
- "An afternoon in Landshut"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Landshut
- Hotels in Landshut
- Transportation in Landshut
- Nightlife in Landshut
- Restaurants in Landshut
- Warnings and Dangers in Landshut
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Landshut
- 39 Reviews
- 191 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Landshut?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Landshut
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Screenshots for forum replies."
- Commented on one of Kathrin_E's Landshut travel pages
- updated a Landshut Travel Page "Landshut"
- Wrote a Review Stadtresidenz: First Renaissance Palace North... in Landshut Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Nice middle-class hotel in excellent location"
Photos in LandshutSee All Photos (191)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 119 reviews, 428 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 78 reviews, 294 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 47 reviews, 241 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wismar Intro, 39 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 4 travelogues